Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Me and my ex girlfriend have been broken up for a month and a bit. She broke up with me saying that she "no longer felt the same" and that she "needed time for herself".

I'm so desperate to get her back. I miss her every day. I don't want to get too soppy but I know she's the one. (We had been together for two years).

We've not had any contact in the past 35ish days. I want to start trying to win her back but I don't know how.

Any advice? Shall I text her? Ring her? What should I say?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    My advice would be to do nothing, as you'll probably regret it later on down the line.

Block contact and get over her. Easier said than done, I know. Right now you'll feel like she's the one and there's no one like her, but that's not necessarily true. If I were you I would walk away from it all.

At the very least, take the time to think about things in the relationship, what you could've done better to keep the spark alive (though maybe it wasn't your fault at all) and give her the time she needs before trying again.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely agree with Sean. If she's said she doesn't feel the same way and you haven't had contact for over a month, it's best to leave it and move on.

There's more than one 'the one', it's all about growing together as people and sharing experiences. You'll find someone new once you've moved on

ReputationRep:
    Don't text or ring, seriously. Please don't.

ReputationRep:
    Leave her alone

Don't be selfish, she doesn't want you..harsh but very very true. SHE broke up with YOU remember? That's not something to take lightly..if it was due to I don't know, some personal family issues/death in family she was coping with fair enough.

She said she didn't fee l the same, sorry, let go. Move on, find someone else.

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't be fighting a losing game.
    You need to have two WILLING participants to make a relationship work. (Amongst other things.)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.