Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How often do you think about your ex? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm interested to know how often people think about their ex and also what role you played in the brake up (did you break it up or were you the one left with a broken heart? Or perhaps it was mutual).

My ex girlfriend broke up with me over two months ago now yet I still think of her most days. (Basically whenever I'm not busy). Is this normal?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    After the break up, a good while. But then given some time and her completely out of my life I now think of her very, very rarely

ReputationRep:
    My most recent ex and I were still sexually active for weeks; I demoted her to weekend FWB after she accused me of stepping out. So I told her to move out. But we still had sex ok. I suppose it's normal to still think about her if you got dumped. I personally do not look back, in an emotional sense. But I might look back at the ass when she walks by. Did she dump you OP? Talk to me...

(Original post by *Incognito)
    I'm interested to know how often people think about their ex and also what role you played in the brake up (did you break it up or were you the one left with a broken heart? Or perhaps it was mutual).

My ex girlfriend broke up with me over two months ago now yet I still think of her most days. (Basically whenever I'm not busy). Is this normal?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, until you find another girl.

Don't worry about it man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Incognito)
    Literally word for word how I would write my feelings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Me too. I recently started talking to someone new and he still comes to mind sometimes. It has become alot easier to get over him now I've deleted his number and stopped making contact with him.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Only time I thought about my ex lately is why did I get with her, sounds harsh but she treated me bad.

ReputationRep:
    I broke up with my ex 1 year ago and have been with my current bf for about 6 months and i still think of my ex most days.

ReputationRep:
    Most days, it's unhealthy

ReputationRep:
    Right now every second of every day. Was a mutual break up because she sensed I had lost my feelings for her. Felt like the best decision for a few months after but now I feel I've made an awful mistake and it's too late to rectify it.

ReputationRep:
    Every once in a fap mate.

At first, all the time. I was with my ex for 3 years and we had a huuuuuuge fight which led to us never speaking again just after our 2 week holiday together. I was distraught and went through that crazy stage of thinking everything good was out of my life forever. Now, 3 months later I don't think of him and feel sad or upset, but certain things remind me of him and occasionally makes me smile. We still haven't spoken and he's at uni now, it definitely takes time to get over someone you were once very close to though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.