Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Quitting McDonalds, need advice on how to do it and whether to put in on my CV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I've worked there for a month and a half now and it's the biggest piece of **** I've ever done. It's incredibly busy and there is never enough staff in the right places (which doesn't help), almost everyone is an ******* and you get shouted at for being a bit slow or getting something wrong etc

I've decided I'm quitting now but I'm not sure whether I need to write a letter of resignation, or just send an email or just say in real life (although she might not be in).

Also, given that I'll have been there for 2 months after my notice period, is it worth putting on my cv. Some of my friends told me that employers won't take someone on if they've only worked at a place for 2 months. I already have a year of charity shop on there so it's not a problem if I take it off, but I'd rather have it on if I want to work in food elsewhere.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    It is better to have no food experience on there, than to have a short period that ends in a resignation. You got the fast food job with no food experience, so you'll get another one.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by TheKian)
    Basically, I've worked there for a month and a half now and it's the biggest piece of **** I've ever done. It's incredibly busy and there is never enough staff in the right places (which doesn't help), almost everyone is an ******* and you get shouted at for being a bit slow or getting something wrong etc

I've decided I'm quitting now but I'm not sure whether I need to write a letter of resignation, or just send an email or just say in real life (although she might not be in).

Also, given that I'll have been there for 2 months after my notice period, is it worth putting on my cv. Some of my friends told me that employers won't take someone on if they've only worked at a place for 2 months. I already have a year of charity shop on there so it's not a problem if I take it off, but I'd rather have it on if I want to work in food elsewhere.

Thanks
    How about sticking it out until you find something better.
    In terms of handing your notice in, you have to send a letter at mcdonalds. You cant just say it in person and they don't like you emailing either.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.