Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm working at a Grade D/C atm, and i want to raise the grade. I got mocks coming up soon and i want to know how you can do good at maths. Im struggling in maths and i want to at least pass Maths in my actual GCSE's. Im doing a higher paper in the mocks.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I did my GCSE maths in Year 10, in June/July of this year (2015).
    At the beginning of the year I had been working at like a B/C, but my teachers picked me and a few others in my year group to do the exam a year early because they thought we could get good grades. We were told in around March of this year (2015) that we would be doing the exam, so we mainly just did practise papers. We did like all the GCSE (Edexcel) Maths papers we could find, calc and non-calc, and our grades just kept rising. I ended up with an A* in the final exams, and the others who did the exam also got like As and A*s, so I have to say that from personal experience, doing past papers had been the best thing for me (and some of my classmates) to have done.
    Hope this helps and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Get your syllabus up for the board you are doing.

Pick a topic (preferably one you find easier to start with and then build your way up)
    Watch videos on youtube like examsolutions and maths247 etc.

Then get your hands on every past paper you can and answer every question on whatever topic you picked until you are confident you can do them all.

Rinse and repeat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danshahid_)
    I'm working at a Grade D/C atm, and i want to raise the grade. I got mocks coming up soon and i want to know how you can do good at maths. Im struggling in maths and i want to at least pass Maths in my actual GCSE's. Im doing a higher paper in the mocks.
    If you want to improve your maths grade, try to do many past papers however if this doesn't work try to use mathswatch.com. This website has LOADS of work sheets (400 pages roughly) and loads of clear maths tutorials on higher and foundation questions. also try to get a maths revision guides, because the best way to revise for maths is practice so you can adapt the maths in real life question which they may ask you. hope this helps. if you cannot access mathswatch from your school you can go to mathsmadeeasy.com. There are many free worksheets. i will link the C grade but you can change the grade level

http://www.mathsmadeeasy.co.uk/gcsem...cs-C-grade.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poorform)
    Get your syllabus up for the board you are doing.

Pick a topic (preferably one you find easier to start with and then build your way up)
    Watch videos on youtube like examsolutions and maths247 etc.

Then get your hands on every past paper you can and answer every question on whatever topic you picked until you are confident you can do them all.

Rinse and repeat.
    Thanks man, ill try and get the maths papers

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.