Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm working at a Grade D/C atm, and i want to raise the grade. I got mocks coming up soon and i want to know how you can do good at maths. Im struggling in maths and i want to at least pass Maths in my actual GCSE's. I'm doing a higher paper in the mocks. I
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by danshahid_)
    I'm working at a Grade D/C atm, and i want to raise the grade. I got mocks coming up soon and i want to know how you can do good at maths. Im struggling in maths and i want to at least pass Maths in my actual GCSE's. I'm doing a higher paper in the mocks. I
    If you've got a textbook, work through that - go through the topics and do questions until you're comfortable with that. Videos online may help if you're stuck with a topic.

Then do past papers under exam conditions, see where you can improve and then improve that, and keep going until you're happy with how much you're getting correct.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    If you've got a textbook, work through that - go through the topics and do questions until you're comfortable with that. Videos online may help if you're stuck with a topic.

Then do past papers under exam conditions, see where you can improve and then improve that, and keep going until you're happy with how much you're getting correct.

Good luck!
    Thanks man, ill try it
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by danshahid_)
    Just do as many past papers as you can and anything you discover you struggle with, ask your teacher about it and make sure you understand it. Repeat this until you can do a paper without being majorly stuck/not knowing how to approach a single question.

ReputationRep:
    Remain motivated
    Take breaks when you are revising
    Revise over topics you know well incase you forget them in the exam
    Revise Revise and Revise
    Do past papers, mark them and see where you are loosing out marks.

ReputationRep:
    Mathswatch+practise questions to learn the topics. Then tests yourself with past papers and go over the topics you're getting wrong.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by DavidMIliband)
    omg gcse is so easy, u should see some of the stuff i have to do envolving stochastic regression. man u a ***** if u think its hard. ***** to answer the questions, atleast ****ing try atleast put some time and effort into it
    Some people struggle more than others, be considerate please. The OP clearly is trying to put effort into boosting their grade or this thread would not exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidMIliband)
    omg gcse is so easy, u should see some of the stuff i have to do envolving stochastic regression. man u a ***** if u think its hard. ***** to answer the questions, atleast ****ing try atleast put some time and effort into it
    Troll...

ReputationRep:
    What's your exam board?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 13, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.