Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Which Uni is the best out of Liverpool, Birmingham, Sheffield and Leeds? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey so far I have applied for Liverpool, Birmingham, Sheffield and Leeds. (Thinking of applying to Manchester aswell). I want to study Business and Management!
    I just wanted some opinions on which university is the best? I know it differs for different people but hearing other peoples opinions and reasoning's may help!
    If this helps I don't like a rural atmosphere, I want to go to an exciting and buzzing city!
    Could anyone tell me their experience / opinion on which uni is the most prestigious, has the best nightlife, best course for business and overall best city out of all of these uni's!
    (I have visiting them all bar Leeds but sometimes its hard to get a solid impression in just one trip).

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham.

Great uni, great location, excellent night life, very affordable, nice people.

ReputationRep:
    Cool, thankyou! (& I heard they give out loads of unconditional offers!!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyRoberts98)
    Cool, thankyou! (& I heard they give out loads of unconditional offers!!!)
    In terms of the city, it's a tough choice between B'ham and Leeds; both are lively & young cities. Neither Uni is right in the centre (as, say, Bristol is) but both are very close. Both shine in different areas in the 'league tables' - B'ham is fifth for graduate recruitment (only a shade behind Oxford) and Leeds is 15th for teaching quality. B'ham's campus is the more 'grand' - this really is a University! - but Leeds too has a beautiful site. It might come down to your course - which has the modules you like best?

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield is a great uni for business management. I've finished and I'm now doing a masters in the management school. The new building is only a couple of years old and has everything you'd possibly need. The uni itself is in the top 100 in the world and the management school is in the top 1% in the world for accreditation's. The city itself is brilliant. People assume its very rural just because its near the peaks and has plenty of green space, but the city centre and outskirts have so much going on, especially for music events. The business management course has an employability rate of over 90% after completion as well.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.