Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Revision watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I hate revising...
    I'm in Year 10 and have one GCSE to this year and am struggling to revise for that!
    How the hell am I meant to do my GCSE's?

ReputationRep:
    If you don't know how to handle all the revision you're expected to do, check out this thread for loads of tips if you haven't already -> http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...2&goto=newpost (coincidentally mine was the last post)

I'm not telling you to read all of it but there are some good ideas there. I highly recommend buying textbooks as soon as possible and as you learn topics in your subjects, revise even if it's just a little bit every day. It's amazing how lost you'll feel when it comes to tests if you haven't been doing work at home.

Don't stress and don't overdo it. If you have any concerns then you're free to ask teachers of connexxions advisor for help (if you have one in your school) plus you've got TSR which I'm finding to be quite nice.

I can't tell you how you're "meant to do" your GCSEs, you've got to find the best method for you. Simply start by reading over what you did in school when you get home whether it's in a book, BBC Bitesize, TSR or wherever to keep it all fresh in your mind. One thing I can tell you for sure is that the feeling of dread is normal, and trust me, it only gets worse when you're in Year 11 watching the weeks go by. My ICT teacher even says that he thinks the GCSEs are one of, if not, the most stressful times of our lives because there's pretty much no way around them. Don't let the stress get to you and keep your head above the water. If they offer sessions at school during lunch, before or after school, go to them. You'll be surprised at how many people turn up to them (or at least I was)

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.