sharmacka
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I did an English literature GCSE last school year (year 10) and passed it. However we are doing an English language GCSE this school year.

I'm just curious as to which one would count as my English GCSE?
Neuth
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sharmacka)
So I did an English literature GCSE last school year (year 10) and passed it. However we are doing an English language GCSE this school year.

I'm just curious as to which one would count as my English GCSE?
Both. They are separate qualifications :fluffy:
sharmacka
Rep:
?
(Original post by Neuth)
Both. They are separate qualifications :fluffy:
I know their both separate but like when applying for A level or for jobs, would they consider the highest grade one as an English GCSE or one of the two?
Rhythmical
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I know their both separate but like when applying for A level or for jobs, would they consider the highest grade one as an English GCSE or one of the two?
An English GCSE can be three things, either a GCSE in English Language, a GCSE in English Literature or a GCSE that combines the two. It won't be one or the other. Both will be counted regardless if you got a B in one and A* in the other as they are different.
aamirac
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
Employers look at English Language more. However sixth forms look at both but mostly English Lit if you plan on doing that at A level.
sharmacka
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rhythmical)
An English GCSE can be three things, either a GCSE in English Language, a GCSE in English Literature or a GCSE that combines the two. It won't be one or the other. Both will be counted regardless if you got a B in one and A* in the other as they are different.
Okay Thanks
sharmacka
Rep:
?
(Original post by aamirac)
Employers look at English Language more. However sixth forms look at both but mostly English Lit if you plan on doing that at A level.
I don't intend to study English at A level but the person above your comment has cleared it up but thanks!
Rhythmical
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Okay Thanks
No problem glad I could help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (123)
41.41%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (33)
11.11%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (22)
7.41%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (67)
22.56%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (33)
11.11%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.4%

Watched Threads