The Student Room Group

Should I repeat Chem 1 too?

I'm debating whether or not to repeat Chem 1. I got 71% which is just on the B grade. I will be repeating Chem 2 as I got a C. I got a high B in Chem 3. My Chemistry AS Grade was a C overall. I want to get a B in A2. Is there any point in repeating Chem 1 if I'm repeating Chem 2? Chem 2 is worth a lot more. Any advice would be great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clarehd1310
I'm debating whether or not to repeat Chem 1. I got 71% which is just on the B grade. I will be repeating Chem 2 as I got a C. I got a high B in Chem 3. My Chemistry AS Grade was a C overall. I want to get a B in A2. Is there any point in repeating Chem 1 if I'm repeating Chem 2? Chem 2 is worth a lot more. Any advice would be great!

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you think you could easily improve your mark, then yes. Bear in mind that there aren't any January exams anymore so you'll need to juggle revision for this with your A2 revision in June. The A2 stuff is harder so it's best to have a strong AS performance to fall back on.
repeat chem 2 only as it's worth more marks and concentrate on A2 too, it's quite hard.
i redid my chem2 during A levels and it was calm. And i managed to get the A grade by doing chem4, chem5 and chem2 all at the same time. Generally chem2 does help with chem5 so i'd advise staying with just doing chem2 and allow chem1 because it will be too overwhelming and based on your %'s 71 is ok, as long as you start revising chem2 say a month before the rest you should be perfect :smile:
This is all based on my experience as i went through the same thing as yourself :smile:

my initial chem2 was 95/140, sweating past papers and writing notes got me the full marks, have faith in chem2.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Thanks everyone. I think I'll take your advice and only repeat Chem 2 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Best of luck :smile:
Original post by Clarehd1310
Thanks everyone. I think I'll take your advice and only repeat Chem 2 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Thank you! And congrats on your A grade :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emma_1111
Hey I got a D in chem 1 but a b in chem 2 and chem 3 and so a c overall. I need to get an a overall what do you think I should retake?

CH1, obviously. And CH2 as well, if you think that you can handle it.

Quick Reply

Latest