notes on hand in an exam Watch

This discussion is closed.
Sasuke!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
hi all, yesterday was a nightmare for me i had notes (by notes i mean formulae
) on my hand for the science exam, edexcel, they said that i was cheating and i was sooo scared, it was only the first biology and 10 minutes into the exam i got called out and was told to wash my hand, i did so and i was almost crying as i have worked sooo hard, i had two exams on the same day which kinad led me to write a formula on my hand, the teacher said that they would have to write to the exam board and see that they wanted to do!!!!!

had this ever happened to anyone? what happened? will they disqualify me? bearing in mind that it was the biology paper, it didnt need formulae)

the funny thing is that i never even needed the notes and the paper was fairly easy but i was sooo newvous and scared that i wouldnt write properly!!!

any reassurign advice?
Don Quixote
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Not writing on hand but once I went to an exam in my own clothes when everyone else was in uniform. I wore beige clothes and everyone else was in black. As soon as I walked in the most stressed teacher ever (he is always stressed) called me out and pulled me aside as everyone was going into the exam. He said I he shouldn't let me do the exam because I wasn't in uniform. I don't think he could have done it if he wanted though, I still did the exam but got ripped afterwards. I slept out and forgot my uniform is why I wore my own clothes.

Actually, in an english test (dictation, at primary school) a girl I liked was asking me the answer to a word, and as I told her the teacher shouted at me and came over and ripped my paper up. If I didn't cry, I was very close. But that's so trivial and lame.

Maybe they won't tell the exam board though, but it all depends on the teacher/s that were there. Some are evil, others are nice and some are even damn sexy. Good luck.
Sasuke!
Rep:
?
Yhea thanks for your reasuuring advice, the head of science is my own science teacher and hopefully it will be ok, she know that i am one of the "more able" pupils and will let me off :P thanks again!!!
MickyFinstar
Report 14 years ago
Sorry mate but if your convicted of cheating you cant take an exam for 5 years! Im sure ull be let off, as long as they know you had no intent to cheat.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
why did you have the formula on ur hand in the first place?
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
So, you just had written them to revise off for chemistry? Then forgot to wash them off for Biology?

Did the teachers see they weren't relevant to the exam?
Sasuke!
Rep:
?
sometimes when i revise i write stuff on my hand to try and memorise them, when i have idle time i tend to look at them and memorise them, that was why, im glad they saw it in the biology exam as there was no need for formulas and it was the first science
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by vmong)
hi all, yesterday was a nightmare for me i had notes (by notes i mean formulae
) on my hand for the science exam, edexcel, they said that i was cheating and i was sooo scared, it was only the first biology and 10 minutes into the exam i got called out and was told to wash my hand, i did so and i was almost crying as i have worked sooo hard, i had two exams on the same day which kinad led me to write a formula on my hand, the teacher said that they would have to write to the exam board and see that they wanted to do!!!!!

had this ever happened to anyone? what happened? will they disqualify me? bearing in mind that it was the biology paper, it didnt need formulae)

the funny thing is that i never even needed the notes and the paper was fairly easy but i was sooo newvous and scared that i wouldnt write properly!!!

any reassurign advice?
you're lucky they let you sit the exam!
Sasuke!
Rep:
?
i wrote them for physics as there is loads of formulas, the teacher also knew that they were for physics, in my school we did biology, then chemisty and finally physics, i washed my hand then returned to the exam.

man i wish i never did it they wouldnt have helped anywasy and the paper was fairly easy!!! many other people had also bragged about the techniques such as writing in between fingers but they never got caught!!!
aliel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The centre (school) has an obligation to report any such practice, if they don't they could loose their licence allowing stuents to sit exams there.

Did they allow you to sit the other exams that day?
Sasuke!
Rep:
?
yeah i did the other tweo science exams and i did english paper 2
CHAD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sorry i dont get it, do u mean u wrote formulas for the chemistry exam on ur hand and went in2 biology still with them on ur hand?
WM
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sorry but if they do report u i would imagine u would be disqualified as any attempt to cheat is taken ultra seriously by the exam boards
andy_
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How did you get caught? Did you high five ya teacher wen ya walked in or something?

At my school we're told to have clear pencil cases or bags but i saw a couple of people with normal ones, could of wrote formulas on there. Depends how strict ya school is, mine prob wouldnt care.
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
So, essentially, you broke one of the most obvious rules, and now you're complaining ?

If you're going to cheat, do it properly. Write on the insides of your fingers.

...not that I would...
glance
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I thought they'd only screw you if you had notes relevant to the exam that you were taking at that moment. So if you had physics formulae in a biology exam, then surely that would be OK. In the GCSE mock exams I was doing an R.E. exam, and we were going to have the Chemistry exam straight after it, with no break. Near the end of the R.E. exam I found I had some Chemistry notes in my pocket. I thought, "crap, what if they do like some random searching or something"...so I put my hand up and handed them in. The invigilator just threw them away, and nothing else was said. So I reckon you'd be alright with that, because nothing happened to me and the notes weren't relevant to the exam you were taking at that moment (you could just say you planned to wash them off or something). Someone's phone went off in an English exam, and so he's gonna get screwed...eek.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MickyFinstar)
Sorry mate but if your convicted of cheating you cant take an exam for 5 years! Im sure ull be let off, as long as they know you had no intent to cheat.
thats rubbish
gemstone
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
WOW u just lived out my worst nightmare. i mean how on earth did tehy catch u coz u should try to hide it in the first place e.g. dont make it visible to see!!!.
and seriously wat were u waving ur hands about i do the same thing but i have never ever been caught. i write on my calculator as well for gods sake my teachers r ****ing retards amazing i lvoe it.. i tend not to use any of the extra material though that i take into the exam.
more importnatly though tehy always say if u'r caught cheating they disqualify u for all ur other exams and them writing to edexcel ??? how pointless its not like edexcel saw wat ur doing. as the notes were "irrelevant" i doubt they'd do anything but if they do good luck or bad luck i should say pray to god nothing happens.
Niz
Report 14 years ago
in my Maths exam they made us put the covers of our calculators on the floor for sum reason, it cod have been useful though coz my calculator has conversion button but i need to use the conversion code written on the back of the cover, ohh well it wasnt xatly hard to figure out anyway. liek converting lb to kg and conversions like tht.
jonas123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeh if they catch you cheating then all your papers on that same board will be disqualified. My teacher said the worst thing you can do is fill in someone else's details on the front cover of the exam though. If you're caught doing that, well then your future will look bleak trying to get anymore qualifications...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1119)
78.97%
Leave (298)
21.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise