Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonas123)
    yeh if they catch you cheating then all your papers on that same board will be disqualified. My teacher said the worst thing you can do is fill in someone else's details on the front cover of the exam though. If you're caught doing that, well then your future will look bleak trying to get anymore qualifications...
    Because my school's a bit crap really in todays exam loads of people sat in the wrong seats because they couldn't be bothered to find their seat on the board, one of the teacher's said that next year the exam is already going to be personalised to you... I'm not sure if it's true though...

I don't like cheating, I'd never do it, sometimes pressure makes people act funny though, you should have learnt your lesson now though and just hope nothing becomes of it

on the subject of cheating...wat happens if u go to the toilet i mean its very easy to cheat....simply u write all teh stuff on ur legs u pull down ur pants and voila!!

now how can tehy catch u tehre and tehy cant even suspect it then u can accuse them of rape or watever law tehre is in teh UK fondling child molesting etc.

if u really wanted to cheat u can honestly get 100% in a test if u pre-plan and u have balls. also u need a brain to carry out such methods

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemstone)
    on the subject of cheating...wat happens if u go to the toilet i mean its very easy to cheat....simply u write all teh stuff on ur legs u pull down ur pants and voila!!

now how can tehy catch u tehre and tehy cant even suspect it then u can accuse them of rape or watever law tehre is in teh UK fondling child molesting etc.

if u really wanted to cheat u can honestly get 100% in a test if u pre-plan and u have balls. also u need a brain to carry out such methods

Yeh but cheating is pointless and totally unfair on the other students. If the people who cheat (and plan everything in such a meticulous way so they can cheat) spent 1/2 their time revising the stuff they wouldn't have to bother with the cheating!

ahahahah i know dont worry i dont do this....i'm just helping those who dont bother revising instead of not revising they can b noting things down and in the process they r learning. but honestly as u said it is pointless its satisfying after u revise and u suddenly know so much after a whole yr not knowing jackshit.

however it is a thought does anyone have any other ideas???

ReputationRep:
    It's odd. I have all the answers to my Biology exam tomorrow in front of me, in this here revision guide. I just have to remember them. No, I don't really have the specific answers, but if I remembered this entire book, I kind of in a way would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    It's odd. I have all the answers to my Biology exam tomorrow in front of me, in this here revision guide. I just have to remember them. No, I don't really have the specific answers, but if I remembered this entire book, I kind of in a way would.

Yup I know what you mean.

ReputationRep:
    welll i had them on my hand because the night before i wrote them on my hand to try and remember them, when i dont do anything i just look at them!!!, same with numbers like mobile ones i can look at tehn for a few minutes each day and they get stuck into my head, well they were walking past and one looked at my hand which was on the table i didnt try to hide it because i forgot they were there!!!

hopefully it will be ok, i have worked very hard and the revision drove me nuts!!!

ReputationRep:
    welll i had them on my hand because the night before i wrote them on my hand to try and remember them, when i dont do anything i just look at them!!!, same with numbers like mobile ones i can look at tehn for a few minutes each day and they get stuck into my head, well they were walking past and one looked at my hand which was on the table i didnt try to hide it because i forgot they were there!!!
    hopefully my school will be lenient as not report it because i kinda am a pupil who will mae their stastics look good, and i actually work in school. if you live in south east london and go to a school like crown woods then you will know what i am talking about.

hopefully it will be ok, i have worked very hard and the revision drove me nuts!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemstone)

lol!...rape, pretty full on complaint there! but my mate had to go to the loo half through bio and the invidulator had to tak her out and choose which of the school's bogs to go into. not only that but she got told which cubicle as well..apparently its incase there is something written on the inside part of the loo door. how ridiculous is that!

ReputationRep:
    How do u rep someone??

ReputationRep:
    I heard that aslong as its not serious cheating such as that mentioned above (writing sum1 else name)they don't include that part of the quaification e.g A2 and that a yr later u can resit.

ReputationRep:
    well wot can i say if u go in an exam and have writin on ur hand u have to be pretty damn stupid!!!!! u must have felt like an idiot and so scared wen bein caught!!!!! ive neva dreamt of goin in like that and well neva!! do u not wash ur hands cos the exams were on seperate days! ur teacher sounds like a bit of a wolly and if he was a ur own teaacher he would neva tell the exam board!!!! i believe my teachers to be ilegal as they dont reeally give a **** and would probs tell students all the answers anyway but u seem less fortunate .
    well all i can say is keep ur fingers crossed and i know that u will probably worry bout it loads but the worst that could come out of it is u beein disqualified from all da exams or not recievin no gcses cos of it !!!! but hope its all k and i dont mean to coma acroos nasty but i just also think it is wrong soryy xxxxxxxxxxgoood luck any1 ere from birmingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vmong)
    hi all, yesterday was a nightmare for me i had notes (by notes i mean formulae
    ) on my hand for the science exam, edexcel, they said that i was cheating and i was sooo scared, it was only the first biology and 10 minutes into the exam i got called out and was told to wash my hand, i did so and i was almost crying as i have worked sooo hard, i had two exams on the same day which kinad led me to write a formula on my hand, the teacher said that they would have to write to the exam board and see that they wanted to do!!!!!

had this ever happened to anyone? what happened? will they disqualify me? bearing in mind that it was the biology paper, it didnt need formulae)

the funny thing is that i never even needed the notes and the paper was fairly easy but i was sooo newvous and scared that i wouldnt write properly!!!

any reassurign advice?
    thats f**king stupid...i write notes on my hands, or i did for one subject...i dont remember which one, oh yeah it was bio lol....and if the lady saw my hand and she didnt say anything, in fact in the end she saw me scribble the note of my hand. If they ask i wouldve said i wrote it during the exam, there is no rule to stop you from doing that. They're all just paranoid little shits...and your f**ked up school should no better than to ring the exam board...that stupid. SO MANY PEOPLE in my school carry on writing after exams, in fact one girl who sitting in the middle didnt stop writing until the teacher coming round saw her and told her to stop, it was like 5 mins after the exam ended. They didnt ring no exam board...thats dumb, what are they trying to be all 'honest' and 'sucking up'

ReputationRep:
    In the French reading exam the other day someones mobile phone went off, the teacher said he MUST report this to the exam board and then it is up to them what they decide to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    They didnt ring no exam board...thats dumb, what are they trying to be all 'honest' and 'sucking up'
    You know they're supposed to tell the exam board for just about anything that might be cheating. If it's a respected school the least they want is to be found out and no longer be allowed to run exams.

I'm thinking what could happen if someone tried hiding a cheap tape player somewhere, making noises that sounds like someone talking... I think I heard of someone hiding an alarm clock somewhere in an exam once lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    You know they're supposed to tell the exam board for just about anything that might be cheating. If it's a respected school the least they want is to be found out and no longer be allowed to run exams.
    and how are the exam board going to find out?! They couldve just turned a blind eye about notes on the dudes hand...its not like the exam boards have cameras in the room checking you from head to toe.

ReputationRep:
    They make random checks...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, or another student might say something. The teacher and school involved isn't going to risk that however well they know their students. Perhaps one goes home and says "hehe blahblah's phone went off in an exam today but it's okay teacher's not gonna do anything." and the parents decide to report it.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear about your prediament with the notes. All i can advise is to see the headmaster/exam sec and ask what is going to happen and what the outcome is. I hope they wrote down exactly what was on your hand - could be vital. If the worst comes to the worst you will have to find out what your rights are - if a uni place is at stake your parents may be advised to contact a solicter to get an opinion on the case - it is that serious if results are with held.
    Best of luck anyway.
    p.s. about schools being honest the people in the exams process are normall chosen for their honest and jobsworthness (sic!) thst the way it is - convention that things are reported if no actuall inspections - how can all centers be reported. like someone said all it takes is a jobsworth parent to report it all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Quixote)
    Not writing on hand but once I went to an exam in my own clothes when everyone else was in uniform. I wore beige clothes and everyone else was in black. As soon as I walked in the most stressed teacher ever (he is always stressed) called me out and pulled me aside as everyone was going into the exam. He said I he shouldn't let me do the exam because I wasn't in uniform. I don't think he could have done it if he wanted though, I still did the exam but got ripped afterwards. I slept out and forgot my uniform is why I wore my own clothes.

LOL, hell i never wore my uniform to an exam!

but nobody says anything, but the coordiantor, that *****!

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.