Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MickyFinstar)
    Sorry mate but if your convicted of cheating you cant take an exam for 5 years! Im sure ull be let off, as long as they know you had no intent to cheat.
    LOL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InterCity125)
    If the worst comes to the worst you will have to find out what your rights are - if a uni place is at stake your parents may be advised to contact a solicter to get an opinion on the case - it is that serious if results are with held.

that serious?? blimey :eek: :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemstone)
    on the subject of cheating...wat happens if u go to the toilet i mean its very easy to cheat....simply u write all teh stuff on ur legs u pull down ur pants and voila!!

now how can tehy catch u tehre and tehy cant even suspect it then u can accuse them of rape or watever law tehre is in teh UK fondling child molesting etc.

if u really wanted to cheat u can honestly get 100% in a test if u pre-plan and u have balls. also u need a brain to carry out such methods
    or how about wearing a skirt (if you're a girl, and your school uniform regulations mean you can...) and writing on your leg so you don't even need to go to the toilet. just move the hem of the skirt up a little... and there you go.
    or write it on your wrist and wear a jumper?

cheating doesn't really prove much though... i suppose your ability to copy things out is about as much as it proves.
    if your memory is bad, i suggest you get some books out on memory techniques and/or just write out said fact/formula enough times until you can write it blindfold, and recite it like its your favourite quote of the year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undry1)
    that serious?? blimey :eek: :eek: :eek:
    I'll aree it is a big move, but if they refuse to issue results and a uni place and future career may depend n it i think it is the correct thing to do. However, the case may be a hard one according to the stuff on www.jcgq.org.uk the exam board has the right to with hold grades if it is satisfied that dishonesty has occured - however pehaps the challenge would rest on wether this was a valid or reasonable assumption.
    Perhaps the op could look at this site for further info regading their situation?

ReputationRep:
    haha yeah who's going to look up your skirt but a randy headmaster, and even then he will not tell if you don't tell

ReputationRep:
    according to the malpractice document on www.jcgq.org.uk possesing notes not related to the exam will be a level 1 offense - written warning. just accept it and think yourself lucky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemstone)
    on the subject of cheating...wat happens if u go to the toilet i mean its very easy to cheat....simply u write all teh stuff on ur legs u pull down ur pants and voila!!

now how can tehy catch u tehre and tehy cant even suspect it then u can accuse them of rape or watever law tehre is in teh UK fondling child molesting etc.

if u really wanted to cheat u can honestly get 100% in a test if u pre-plan and u have balls. also u need a brain to carry out such methods
    wouldnt work it takes too long, going to the toilet in the exam is a serious waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    If you're going to cheat, at least cheat properly rather than stupidly

if you got caught, you deserved to be caught, sorry

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could be sympathetic, but the way it seems you couldn't be bothered to wash you hands off and went in to an exam room with notes on your hand, now I know this varies from school to school, but in our school if you had bio then physics you don't leave the room, just stay there and do the next paper straight away... so you wouldnt be able to wash your hand anyway and thus are cheating.

But lets face it, EVERYONE know you can't take in notes, even if its for a different subject, you were really stupid and you deserve to get whats coming to you if you don't even think logically about the first rule of exams.

But I do hope you get lucky and you can still go to uni, and just make you wash you hands next time.

And lets hope our school don't start following the Italian idea for moblie phones... they put a scramber box or two in school.... knocking out every phone in the nearest 300 odd metres...

ReputationRep:
    even if you get caught cheating with the text book during the exam or found out you have stolen the paper to have a look before the exam - you dont get banned from uni or whatever lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avalondep)
    or how about wearing a skirt (if you're a girl, and your school uniform regulations mean you can...) and writing on your leg so you don't even need to go to the toilet. just move the hem of the skirt up a little... and there you go.
    or write it on your wrist and wear a jumper?

cheating doesn't really prove much though... i suppose your ability to copy things out is about as much as it proves.
    if your memory is bad, i suggest you get some books out on memory techniques and/or just write out said fact/formula enough times until you can write it blindfold, and recite it like its your favourite quote of the year.
    surely be simpler to take notes into exam in your pocket..go to tiolet, read notes and go. then a) u wouldn't have ink all down you and b) if you got caught you just tell them u forgot to take them out of pockets after revising before hand. hard to explain a series of equations scribbled on one's leg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hohum)
    if you got caught you just tell them u forgot to take them out of pockets after revising before hand.
    you still get disqualified if you are found to have notes in your pockets during the exam - you have to hide it well -put the notes in your shoes or something

ReputationRep:
    lol, one of my mates forgot to take his minidisk out his pocket during his physics exam and he looked down ahlfway thru and saw it + he was so paranoid it would go off or he'd get spotted... he didn't, but he was really stressing about it.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    I think its a bit harsh, it was a easy mistake to make. I don't even think it could be considered cheating if it was not even relevant to the paper.

ReputationRep:
    was it a public exam? because if it was then the regulations are read out at the start - you are not allowed on you or about you any notes, books, mobile phones etc EVEN if you have no intention of using them. they don't care if it's relevant or not, and yours was because you were obviously intending to use them in another exam, although not the one it was found in. but if it was an internal exam i imagine you'll just be warned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by txt_eva)
    And lets hope our school don't start following the Italian idea for moblie phones... they put a scramber box or two in school.... knocking out every phone in the nearest 300 odd metres...
    These scrambler boxes are illegal in the UK - Wireless telegraphy act?
    A prision sentance is possible for those caught using them - though a substancial fine is more likely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allisandro)
    was it a public exam? because if it was then the regulations are read out at the start - you are not allowed on you or about you any notes, books, mobile phones etc EVEN if you have no intention of using them. they don't care if it's relevant or not, and yours was because you were obviously intending to use them in another exam, although not the one it was found in. but if it was an internal exam i imagine you'll just be warned.
    Yes they do draw a distinction. Notes for different subject = level 1 = written warning.
    Notes for same subject anything from level 3-10 - cancelled module or subject
    All on www.jcgq.org.uk - malpracice guideance notes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InterCity125)
    Yes they do draw a distinction. Notes for different subject = level 1 = written warning.
    Notes for same subject anything from level 3-10 - cancelled module or subject
    All on www.jcgq.org.uk - malpracice guideance notes.
    fair enough...it's just because they said they had all their exams in a row and the notes were for a following exam...surely thar looks like intent to use them?

ReputationRep:
    Ah the other day they gave out teh question paper and the invigilator mumbled something that i didn't hear properly and I thought they said "You can start" and I sure hope they did...because I did and I started getting scared that no one was writing but me.

What would happen if I had really heard wrong and they caught me? :eek: :confused:

(Original post by Adhsur)
    Ah the other day they gave out teh question paper and the invigilator mumbled something that i didn't hear properly and I thought they said "You can start" and I sure hope they did...because I did and I started getting scared that no one was writing but me.

What would happen if I had really heard wrong and they caught me? :eek: :confused:
    you d probably not have had long before they d noticed

rosie

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.