Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been looking at accommodation options for studying at the Strand campus, I've seen on the KCL website that accommodation is in 40-51 week tenancies. Could anyone tell me:
    Which halls are 40 weeks and which are 51 weeks?
    What accommodation are you in and how do you travel to Uni? (If you take the tube/bus how much do you spend)
    How much do you have to spend on average each week without going into debt?
    Do you work on the side to support yourself?
    Are you enjoying Kings/London?
    Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi there,

Great to hear you’re interested in King’s! The below information should clear up your first question.

The accommodation tenancy agreement is as follows;

40 weeks is the standard contract and this is mostly for undergraduate students if they are not studying nursing/midwifery or physiotherapy.
    (The standard contract for this year is from 14th Sept 2015-18th June 2016)

51 weeks contract is for postgraduate students
    (The contract agreement for this year is from 14th Sept 2015-3rd Sept 2016)

Please find attached our Student Residences web page link: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/accommodation/index.aspx or alternatively you can contact the Accommodation team directly on telephone number + 44 (0) 207 407 0083 should you require any further assistance.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
    Jenna

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm at Stamford Street apartments so I don't have to spend any money on travel to the strand campus.
    I spend about £30 per week if I don't go out, if I do then it's £20-£30 extra (or £70 on my 20th). My weekly budges varies depending on how much money I get from student finance but I'd suggest dividing your loan by however many weeks you have and then keeping that as your weekly budget (Unless you get extra money from parents etc).
    It's kinda annoying that they don't charge for accommodation in equal installments.. The first payment is the largest one and then it decreases so it kinda screws up my budget but oh well. I do have a part time job (tutoring) which pays £30 a week but I'd be able to live without it.
    As to london, I love it but I've been living here for the past 10 or so years so yh.
    The flats can be kinda antisocial because we have loads of international students and they're usually shy and tend to stick together.
    King's overall is great just (obviously) loads of work.. At least for maths. Still love it though 😊
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by JW22)
    I've been looking at accommodation options for studying at the Strand campus, I've seen on the KCL website that accommodation is in 40-51 week tenancies. Could anyone tell me:
    Which halls are 40 weeks and which are 51 weeks?
    What accommodation are you in and how do you travel to Uni? (If you take the tube/bus how much do you spend)
    How much do you have to spend on average each week without going into debt?
    Do you work on the side to support yourself?
    Are you enjoying Kings/London?
    Thanks
    Hello JW22,

We hope you don't me us jumping on the thread. We have a big number of KCL students in our iQ Shoreditch & iQ Hoxton halls and so we thought this might be of interest to you.

Both residences are a hassle-free-crowds-avoiding-less-than-30' bus ride.
    Bus tickets cost £1,5 per journey, but if you go for a monthly oyster card you can get a student discount and get that even cheaper!

We offer 44, 50 and 51 weeks contracts and our rent prices include all utility bills, WiFi and security so once you've paid your rent you've nothing to worry about.

Finding accommodation can be a challenging thing, but once you set your budget and choose the area you'd like to be based, everything becomes easier.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.