Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why do you believe in god? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Okay this can come from a Muslim or a non-Muslim,but why do you guys believe in God when there is no evidence of him.
    (Personal experiences etc)

ReputationRep:
    "Because my holy book says so"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Because my holy book says so.
    why

ReputationRep:
    Faith helps me especially when I struggle. It's nice to feel that God's watching for me, and can protect me and make things better.

(yes guys, even spodermen has problems too)

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe in God in a "classic" way. It's just that I can't believe that the existence of life is so..purposeless. I don't know if that's just me but I would like to believe that humans live to fullfill a task

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    I don't believe in God in a "classic" way. It's just that I can't believe that the existence of life is so..purposeless. I don't know if that's just me but I would like to believe that humans live to fullfill a task
    Surely with religion you have more purpose as there is an afterlife?

ReputationRep:
    Because I think that - yes even though the Big Bang happened and is the reason we are here today - I believe something had to have triggered it. And I think that 'something' is God.

Also this:

ReputationRep:
    Hi, (former agnostic)
    Personally I believe (you don't have to) that there's many evidence that God exists. Most of these are based on scientific facts. For example, the quran talks about the origin of the universe, about how the planets rotate around the sun and it talks about the red shift theory, and about how all life is made from water and many more. To me I found it amazing when the quran was revealed 1400+ years ago which again proves (for me) that it has to be a book of a higher being.
    Hope that helped, have a blessed day!

ReputationRep:
    You don't need God to give your own life a purpose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubisoft)
    Surely with religion you have more purpose as there is an afterlife?
    I dont believe in an afterlife.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h.osman)
    Hi, (former agnostic)
    Personally I believe (you don't have to) that there's many evidence that God exists. Most of these are based on scientific facts. For example, the quran talks about the origin of the universe, about how the planets rotate around the sun and it talks about the red shift theory, and about how all life is made from water and many more. To me I found it amazing when the quran was revealed 1400+ years ago which again proves (for me) that it has to be a book of a higher being.
    Hope that helped, have a blessed day!
    So is teleportation theory hidden away in a holy book or something?

ReputationRep:
    I wrote my answer then saw the replies and knew this is going into one of them Internet battles. Between believers and non-believers. So edited my quote I don't need people ganging up on me at this time of the night:/

And nah fam! Planta is here, allow this.:toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    You don't need God to give your own life a purpose.
    Yeah, but without a higher power at work, it seems like there is no point to life as a whole, but each individual's purpose in life is to procreate, so that there is more life on this world

ReputationRep:
    As a big science nerd I used the conservation of energy principle (energy cannot be created no destroyed) to deduce that god must be energy. I was 14.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but without a higher power at work, it seems like there is no point to life as a whole, but each individual's purpose in life is to procreate, so that there is more life on this world
    With God you're basically just outsourcing the decision of what your purpose is to a third party. Isn't it much more empowering for that decision to be yours?

ReputationRep:
    ITT

because i feel like it

ReputationRep:
    I used to because when I was in between year 6 and 7 my granddad was really ill, and I prayed for him to stay alive until i started year 7
    He got a bit better and lasted a couple more months, but then he died and I gave up, then I kind of believed again (gran was ill etc.) and then I learned about all the evil in the world and gave up, for good.

ReputationRep:
    Who says any religious beliefs whatsoever, whether "classic" or not, solely account for a purposeful life? Is it not possible to have a purpose without religion?

ReputationRep:
    Because that's what I was taught from a young age

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.