Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

IS carry out deadly blast in Beirut watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    At least 37 people have been killed and 181 injured in two explosions in the Lebanese capital Beirut, officials say.
    The blasts hit the southern suburb of Burj el-Barajneh, a stronghold of the Shia Hezbollah movement.
    A statement purporting to be from the so-called Islamic State group said that it carried out the attack.
    The conflict in neighbouring Syria has worsened tensions in Lebanon. Southern Beirut has been targeted by Sunni militant groups in the past.
    Hezbollah has fought alongside forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. Lebanese Sunni Muslims tend to back the Syrian opposition.
    In addition, Lebanon, a country of roughly four million people, has played host to well over a million refugees from Syria, putting a strain on the country's infrastructure and adding to tensions.

Deadly Beirut blasts hit Hezbollah stronghold - BBC News
    https://apple.news/A3oh3BnV3RqCTizCgHtIBpw

I think it was only a matter of time before Lebanon became a victim of IS terror attacks.
    However I do not think IS could ever take Lebanon, but who knows

ReputationRep:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0T11P920151112

They're threatening Russia. "Blood will spill like an ocean".

ReputationRep:
    Well at least they're not attacking here.

ReputationRep:
    I am so so incredibly saddened and angered by this. As soon as I saw Beirut in the news I knew something like this must've happened. Feel sick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott.)
    Well at least they're not attacking here.
    True

ReputationRep:
    Sunni on Shia attack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by childofthesun)
    I am so so incredibly saddened and angered by this. As soon as I saw Beirut in the news I knew something like this must've happened. Feel sick
    Yeah I saw Beirut trending on twitter and I was like wtf happened :eek:
    Just awful. I wonder if IS will ever be put to an end. Too many lives have been lost

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rad Prince)
    Sunni on Shia attack
    A somewhat oversimplification, but yh

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.