Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If your agree or disagree comment and give reasons why

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe in God, but I'm pretty sure that there are religious wars described in the religious books and stories when God even ordered believers to go to war- the existence of God was not necessarily meant to be not coexistent with war.
    Some people believe that it's a righteous thing to "bring judgement" to people who don't believe with their God's support.

Also there's that argument about free will- God giving people the free will to do good or evil as they wish because if all people were just purely innocent god-praising robots, the idea of "good" would be kind of meaningless- which puts the blame for war on people choosing to be evil.
    Though seeing as all people and things that exist were supposedly entirely created by God, surely that means the evil itself was in some way created by God...

Other arguments seem to go something on the lines of "God has some higher reason for allowing suffering and war that we humans can't possibly understand."

(Original post by Pronged Lily)
    Other arguments seem to go something on the lines of "God has some higher reason for allowing suffering and war that we humans can't possibly understand."
    This is basically what all the other arguments for why an apparently loving god allows wars boils down to as well.

ReputationRep:
    what is it with you and these threads about God - no one is forcing you to believe in Him ._.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get it. Is believing in God suppose to prevent war??

ReputationRep:
    Free will

ReputationRep:
    I'm an antithiest this means that i do not believe in a god but I believe if there was a god he would be a tyrannical,boastful,vengeful,hat eful,misogynistic,arrogant and completely heartless being. I cant prove to you that there is no god but what i can tell you is "look around" , all the pain and misery of war and death can be stopped , but he doesn't he just sits and watches , and that is why I don't believe in god but also i believe that if there ever was this "god" he is a complete and utter monster.

ReputationRep:
    Because YHWH is a war god. Like he literally is but people just forgot about it.

ReputationRep:
    Different people have different beliefs. OP, you're assuming that there is one God, but not all religions are monotheistic. Also, most monotheistic religions act on the basis that if you're good, you'll go to heaven and vice versa. Free will is given for this purpose; if God controlled everything that happened then it wouldn't be fair to send people to heaven/hell when they're not even in control of their actions.

Some people believe that God is a hateful, tyrranical being who revels in war. In that case, wars happen because he wishes it to be. If that's true then we're all merely puppets. However, no one knows what God is or how hes like, or even if he exists. That's why religions are called faiths and not hard cold truth.

Whatever you believe in, as long as that's what you truly believe in, that's what matters.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.