Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why should religion be taught in school? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I'm doing a paired discussion in English ,ants is one of the question that comes up and I don't know what to say for it ,I'm agreeing with it btw
    But you can also comment on why you think they should teach it in school

ReputationRep:
    To open minds

ReputationRep:
    Well I think Anglicanism should be taught in schools. Indeed I think Anglican schools should be the only ones to exist in Britain. As in the role of state education should move from the secular government, to the Anglican Church of England. Given that the bible is the cultural basis for law and language in Britain. Without its teaching you will never be able to understand the nation you are born into and why it exists. Also the Church will prepare students for death, rather than life. If you see death as the purpose of life, rather than life itself you will be a superior person.

Yes it will mean people will be Anglicans and the Church will have its power and place within peoples lives restored. Which is in the end why I want it.

ReputationRep:
    so u can argue with religious people later in life plus it's a free gcse

ReputationRep:
    I would agree with the concept of religion being taught in schools because it enhances students minds and allows them to acknowledge about other religions not just their own. They will gather a deeper understanding of other religions. In my perspective I think this will give them the opportunity of knowing how other religions work and about their beliefs. An advantage to this is the stereotypical people who base their outcomes through news stories on what they have heard. If students come to know more about this, this would also make them believe in their religion more and keep them focused, which could also lead onto good behaviour. etc lol hope this helps you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EastGuava)
    To open minds
    No you mean confuse minds so they never believe in Anglicanism. What does Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism and so on have to do with Britain? Once you remove the preeminence of the state religion with education it will soon die. This is helped by teaching other religions to further confuse people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.C)
    so u can argue with religious people later in life plus it's a free gcse
    No you can't argue with us. You don't understand anything from RE in school.

ReputationRep:
    Because its a part of society and its very important to modern times, if we're gonna study literature, history, sociology why not religion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    why's that
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by william walker)
    we get points of views from christians/buddhists, also we get quotes from their holy book from time to time to use as evidence. so yus we do learn RE in RE lessons fyi

ReputationRep:
    Religion is an important part of many people's lives and society so it should be taught, but from an objective perspective. Not in a way that espouses the truth of any one of them over an another.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.