Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Arguments at work ? watch

Announcements

Im a new worker at Mcdonalds and now some guy makes fun out me of my saying things like, how I dont do the job properly. He also says others things that arent too nice either. Its two people joking then mock me.

I hate it, we an argument about it the other day and the manager just asked me what happend. I dont know if he said anything afterwards. But still i'll be working again with them tommorow.

What can I do ? This is not nice at all. Very childish and I dont know why they pick on me ? Another guy said its good I dont take no **** and stood up to him, but why the hell act like idiots at work. Plus I dont know if the manager would do much.

Theres no point leaving over this is there ?

BUMP

Someone plz answer

ReputationRep:
    you'll never get on well with everyone you work with, just ignore them and walk away, speak to your manager if they are getting too much - I wouldn't leave unless I really couldn't cope

(Original post by doodle_333)
    you'll never get on well with everyone you work with, just ignore them and walk away, speak to your manager if they are getting too much - I wouldn't leave unless I really couldn't cope
    Yeah but what I dont get why me ? It seems like there could be some jealousy there due to me finishing uni and working well here. But surely everyones old enough now. But its not a joke.

Yeah but if I tell the manager isnt that being a bit of a wuss, we're old enough and should be able to deal with problems ourselves. Some managers are not really bothered and it could seem like im pestering them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah but what I dont get why me ? It seems like there could be some jealousy there due to me finishing uni and working well here. But surely everyones old enough now. But its not a joke.

Yeah but if I tell the manager isnt that being a bit of a wuss, we're old enough and should be able to deal with problems ourselves. Some managers are not really bothered and it could seem like im pestering them.
    Unfortunately this happens in some workplaces... it's not your fault, it is usually due to jealousy in some sense, workplaces can be like being back in high school sometimes!

You obviously need to get a sense of the type of person your manager is and whether they will appreciate being brought in but my feeling would be that having an argument is really unprofessional whereas you could approach your manager for advice on dealing with the problem as you 'want to be able to get on well with everyone to work effectively'.

(Original post by doodle_333)
    Unfortunately this happens in some workplaces... it's not your fault, it is usually due to jealousy in some sense, workplaces can be like being back in high school sometimes!

You obviously need to get a sense of the type of person your manager is and whether they will appreciate being brought in but my feeling would be that having an argument is really unprofessional whereas you could approach your manager for advice on dealing with the problem as you 'want to be able to get on well with everyone to work effectively'.
    True but not to sound arrogant but this is Mcdonalds, some of the managers may find it like im pestering them like you tell a teacher 'oh miss so and so is making fun of me'. Some might just laugh it off and say something 'oh ignore them there stupid' without doing anything.

Tbh the best way to deal with this is to fight back to them, then the managers knows something is wrong and that they need to deal with something because if I dont fight back then, the know one will do anything.

I just hate the fact people can be like this at work, so childish. Its not my fault but a lot of people can be like this, I think thats what happens at these minimum wage jobs.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.