The Student Room Group

Friendship problem

Basically, I had a friend who i was best friends with from year 3 but she left in year 6. We haven't made much contact for 4 years but we were like the bestest of friends. But now that she left, I made some new friends whom I'm very close with. We're like a little group now. Now my old friend sort of recognises me and she's coming back to my school, and I don't know whether I should hang out with her or my friends in my class ( she's a year older than me and majority of my year don't particularly like her, so I'm worried my friends now might tease me if i hang around with her idk though).
Reply 1
It'd be a bit shallow to just ignore her because your worried about the image hanging out with her would portray. F$ck people who would tease you for hanging out with someone, if you want to spend time with this person just do.
Reply 2
You don't owe her anything because you were childhood friends, especially as you haven't had much contact for 4 years.

It might be nice to hang out with her, but if this will cause problems with your other friends you have to think about who is more important to you.

While you are at school I think it is important to have friends in your year as you don't want to be alone in your classes. But once you leave school, real friends will remain in your life. Is this girl a real friend? And if so why haven't you had much contact for 4 years.

However if she will be completely alone, it might be nice to invite her into your group while she find her feet at the new school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending