Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone have trouble playing games? watch

I've put this in the mental health section because I have anxiety and pretty sure I have some form of depression. I find it extremely difficult to do my hobbies, I usually either force myself or spend hours just watching tv and then I don't feel that great. I used to love video games and to an extent I still do but I really struggle to play them for long and I'm pretty sure it's probably due to my mental health. For one, I have like a natural instinct that I want to put the tv on and watch things, it's like a security which makes it difficult to play console games. I got a new console not that long ago and I thought I'd play it a lot but I struggle most of the time. When I have forced myself to play it, I've felt better. Secondly, I feel like maybe it's partly where I can't be around family when I play games, especially console ones, one because of the concentration and two because all the consoles are in different separate rooms away from people. Also, some times I feel like playing games, especially really long console ones are a waste of life, which is stupid because they're fun and people need alone time and maybe even if you're not with people you love it doesn't mean that's a waste but it worries me. I really want to play games a lot more and enjoy them and the same with my other hobbies, just not sure how, any advice?

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly how you feel. I used to love playing video games, but nowadays I tend to spend most of my time on the internet and it can be weeks apart and I won't even touch a video game. Although this may sound stupid, it makes me sad that even though I still have a glimmer of interest in them, I have no motivation to actually play them. I'm worried that it might be a similar thing with me and whether I may still be depressed. My friends all like playing video games and I do feel a bit left out that I have no motivation to play them, and I feel at odds with how much I used to love playing video games

I also feel like my interest in picking up and learning new hobbies has declined and I can't seem to focus on learning anything that I'm not already good at.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.