Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Doesn't science explain why the universe began? watch

ReputationRep:
    Agree or disagree
    Comment below with evidences
    For my exam

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean "why"? This presupposes there's a reason for why the universe came into existence, of which there is no evidence for.

ReputationRep:
    A reason for "why" won't be proved by science given that it's a very philosophical question as opposed to a scientific one. Do you mean "how", mate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    A reason for "why" won't be proved by science given that it's a very philosophical question as opposed to a scientific one. Do you mean "how", mate?
    Yeah I meant how ,my mistake

Because there is no evidence that we can use as a fundamental bases and be like ''Yeah that's how the world was created''. It's more that there are a series of experiments that we can use. Though we are yet to put them together.

ReputationRep:
    What exam are you taking that asks how the science proves the world came into being?

ReputationRep:
    How and why are very different questions. Science strives to answer the former, but not the latter.

ReputationRep:
    No offense, but you are making a lot of threads concerning god and religion aren't you?

Are you sure this is for your "exam"?:eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    Because nobody knows. Making up fairy stories is religion's job.

ReputationRep:
    Big bang innit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geek_shay)
    Yeah I meant how ,my mistake
    Aight aight, erm... idk if Big bang is 100% definitive cuz physics ain't my subject, but that was thought up because of something to do with Einstein, Red shift and something about radiation all over the universe? I learned the very basic gist of it in philosophy, oddly enough. Something to do with trying to prove that the universe hadn't existed for an infinite amount of time....
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If it's for exams, we'll need the exam board and specification because not any kind of evidence will satisfy the exam.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.