Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Are there women who aren't feminists? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Always wondered.... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    only females uneducated on feminism would not be a feminist.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Because I believe that we are in fact, different. Why would I want to be equal to a man? I'm not a man. And saying that women are equal to men suggests that women are less otherwise. We are designed and programmed differently, for different tasks (evolution-wise). There are jobs that we can both do with the same efficiency, and there are ones that suit better one sex or another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starvation13)
    Always wondered.... :confused:
    You spelt it wrong, it's 'feminazis', and yes but unfortunately it looks like we're about to delve into a very dark future of feminazism.

ReputationRep:
    Most feminists in this country tend to be white European or white British. Avoid those groups and you're good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    Because I believe that we are in fact, different. Why would I want to be equal to a man? I'm not a man. And saying that women are equal to men suggests that women are less otherwise. We are designed and programmed differently, for different tasks (evolution-wise). There are jobs that we can both do with the same efficiency, and there are ones that suit better one sex or another.
    Equal doesn't mean identical. And the whole point is that our ideas of what constitutes a man or a woman are flawed and harmful

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I second that.

ReputationRep:
    Stupidly, yes.

ReputationRep:
    Typically speaking, yes men and women are different biologically. But a major point of feminism is that this should not be something that resigns women to certain aspects of society. For starters women can be strong, something considered to be a masculine trait, and in the case where a strong woman wants to do a physical job (firefighter, military etc.) she should be allowed to do so. This is what feminism is about. Equal in opportunity.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Some reject the name but the majority of women are behind the core beliefs even if they do not realise it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilylf)
    only females uneducated on feminism would not be a feminist.
    Yes, no opposing view to yours could possibly have any merit to it, and anyone prescribing to it must just be ignorant. What an enlightened point of view.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaredBanana)
    Typically speaking, yes men and women are different biologically. But a major point of feminism is that this should not be something that resigns women to certain aspects of society. For starters women can be strong, something considered to be a masculine trait, and in the case where a strong woman wants to do a physical job (firefighter, military etc.) she should be allowed to do so. This is what feminism is about. Equal in opportunity.
    Exactly. And as well as letting women be strong, it is also letting men be emotional. It should be alright for men to cry or to take work within traditionally female workspaces - like fashion or nursing. It is not about being identical, as RobML said, it is about being given the opportunity and seen upon as equal both socially, economically and politically. Being a women and not believe in your own rights to be equal to men is very sad.

ReputationRep:
    There is a difference between a feminist and a bile spewing feminazi.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    What is with this obsession that feminists have with knowing who and who isn't a feminist? Who cares? Let women believe what they want to believe, isn't that what your movement is about anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Bloody well 'ope so.

ReputationRep:
    I'm simply #HeForShe, not a feminist. Social constructs place negative pressure on both men and women, it's a two way street.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Thankfully, yes.

And within feminism, there are many branches.

ReputationRep:
    There are plenty of non-feminists. The reason for that is primarily the fact that feminism currently portrays a very violent image of a woman, and that is not always so appealing. Naturally, though, as previously stated, most women do realise what their actual rights are, and will support them without necessarily being 'feminists'.

ReputationRep:
    *raises hand* Traditionalist here, how do you do?

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.