The Student Room Group

Are there women who aren't feminists?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RivalPlayer
Sounds like something a cult member would say.

Funny you should say that. The word indoctrinated crossed my mind when I read that post. :smile:
Not all women appreciate the infantilization modern 'feminism' imposes on them, nor do they always agree with the way their husbands, boyfriends, brothers and fathers are constantly vilified by the movement. Furthermore, others can see the blatant sexism and double standards of so many 'feminists' and are repelled from calling themselves feminists for that reason.
Reply 22
Original post by StrangeBanana
Yes, no opposing view to yours could possibly have any merit to it, and anyone prescribing to it must just be ignorant. What an enlightened point of view.

Well sorry, but I thought all women would want to be treated equally? That's what feminism is.
Reply 23
Original post by RivalPlayer
Sounds like something a cult member would say.

Wow you are a true detective, you caught me I am indeed a cult member. Well done.
Original post by lilylf
Well sorry, but I thought all women would want to be treated equally? That's what feminism is.

Do you speak for all women?

No?

Then pipe down.
I guess I'm the kind of feminist that Malala is. Unfortunately modern day feminists are more interested in other things like #KillAllMen
I just don't like calling myself one. For me it has negative connotations. I don't think I'm oppressed. And I hate when people rant about it and tell me how oppressed I am because I was born a woman. I believe I have equal opportunity with men.
Some of the most successful people in Africa are women which for the most part is still quite a sexist society but they succeeded anyway even though everyone thought their place was in a kitchen. They didn't have to nag and complain about how oppressed they were and about how the "patriarchy" stopped them from achieving their full potential.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lilylf

Feminism is a social movement.

One which has blatantly supports idiotic campaigns such as #Killallwhitemen or Ban Bossy, it uses statistics that have been thoroughly disproved such as the wage gap, has consistently blamed every issue on 'patriarchy' and at large does not advocate men's rights but parades under the banner of equality.

I personally advocate for equality across the board, for a true egalitarian society and I believe feminism is not the way to do it.
Well, when the definition of feminism is that it's the belief that genders are equal, it's hard to see how anyone (certainly women anyway) couldn't define themselves as feminists :s-smilie:
Possibly because the dictionary definition of feminism is a million miles from what they see spouted by "feminists" on line and in the media on a daily basis.
(edited 8 years ago)
Real women are never feminists.
Most (sane) women agree with the core ideology of Feminism, but do not label themselves as Feminists because of the radical few that are given far too much media coverage
Original post by ivy.98
Because I believe that we are in fact, different. Why would I want to be equal to a man? I'm not a man. And saying that women are equal to men suggests that women are less otherwise. We are designed and programmed differently, for different tasks (evolution-wise). There are jobs that we can both do with the same efficiency, and there are ones that suit better one sex or another.

Society's ideology of what roles roles are 'assigned' to both sexes are clearly what you seem to be indoctrinated by i.e men having the instrumental role and women having the expressive role is exactly what reinforces the quality. That is not evolution nor is it a fact, those are society's man made expectations.

They seem to be doing a bloody good job at it if you're following this 'fact' like a little sheep.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 32
Women who are not feminist are proper women because they are feminine.

Most feminists have masculine traits and hence are extremely unattractive to men.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 33
Modern feminists are terrorists, terrorising men and boys and non feminist women and our culture. Also terrorising the minds of young women with lies.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ivy.98
Because I believe that we are in fact, different. Why would I want to be equal to a man? I'm not a man. And saying that women are equal to men suggests that women are less otherwise. We are designed and programmed differently, for different tasks (evolution-wise). There are jobs that we can both do with the same efficiency, and there are ones that suit better one sex or another.

No you are wrong. Equal doesn't mean women want to become men. Equal means both genders should be perceived equally and treated equally, why wouldn't anyone want that?

We aren't 'designed' or 'programmed' at all!
Reply 35
Original post by slade p
Women who are not feminist are proper women because they are feminine.

Most feminists have masculine traits are hence are extremely unattractive to men.

Lol, this is moronic.

Aside from this, why is one expected to be a feminist just because one is a woman? This sounds like absolute nonsense to me, as if you should only want "equal rights" when it affects your group.
Original post by Armastan
*raises hand* Traditionalist here, how do you do? :h:

I'm the same although being a female and a traditionalist is turned noses upon :angry:
Reply 37
Original post by caravaggio2
I don't know about the uk but in the usa only 25% self identify as feminsts.
I think there is a world of difference between agreeing with basic feminist principles and identifying yourself alongside many of the 3rd wave loons that you see all over the media and online.
So why don't they see themselves as feminists?
Man Spreading campaign
#Killallmen
Ban Bossy campaign.
Sexist Air Conditioning campaign
Slut walks campaign
and my favourite
The Beach Body Ready Campaign. A campaign that shot themselves squarely in the foot.
First of all it showed other companies that it is possible to stand up to the bullying of campaign groups, but what made that so brilliant for me was it showed how the Emperor had no clothes.
It is sometimes very misleading to assume that just because there appears to be loads of looney feminists online, full of anger and bitterness that, that is what the majority of them are like.
The campaign received 50,000 signatures in one week. Their big mistake was to call for a rally in Hyde Pk to protest.
After 50000 signatures, and on a Saturday in London, the capital city and without doubt the place with the highest number of feminist activists, the turn out was pathetic. There was nearly as many press photographers as there was protesters.
They managed to show that 50000 signatures and loads of wittereing online doesn't mean that there are thousands of 3rd wave activists in the real world.
Another thing it showed was that in London, a city where over 50% of the population are Black or ethnic majority, there wasn't one Black face amongst the protesters.
Feminist activists are often accused of being privileged white middleclass women whining about their privileged white middleclass problems. They certainly didn't disprove it that Saturday in London.

What's wrong with ban bossy? Never heard of it
Original post by Starvation13
Always wondered.... :confused:

muslim women.
because theres no womens rights in Islam. For example a women is stoned to death if she is raped. And disgraceful digusting stuff like that
Reply 39
Original post by vaktwnly
Lol, this is moronic.

Aside from this, why is one expected to be a feminist just because one is a woman? This sounds like absolute nonsense to me, as if you should only want "equal rights" when it affects your group.

Yes because they seek to brainwash all females hence you are expected to be a feminist, but no one has to be a feminist for women to get rights which they are rationally entitled to, feminism is a self serving and anti male movement, their actions clearly prove this.

People who can not see this are reallyignorant or choose to ignore it because they support it but pretend feminism is about equally. Feminists are vile and sinister.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending