Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can I apply for A100 and A101 Medicine for one uni at the same time? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of applying to a uni, like King's College London, for medicine. Can I apply to both the standard 5-year course (A100) and the Extended Medical Degree for 6 years (A101) for the same uni in the same year?

Is the extended version less credited? Would you be 'looked down upon'?

ReputationRep:
    Applicants will only be considered for the EMDP if they apply for UCAS course code A101. If applicants wish to also be considered for the standard five-year programme then they must apply to UCAS course code A100 as well as A101, and each application will be considered separately.
    From http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergrad...amme-mbbs.aspx

As for being 'looked down upon' - a medical degree is a medical degree. Once you're a doctor these things don't really matter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by latenightmadness)
    I was thinking of applying to a uni, like King's College London, for medicine. Can I apply to both the standard 5-year course (A100) and the Extended Medical Degree for 6 years (A101) for the same uni in the same year?

Is the extended version less credited? Would you be 'looked down upon'?
    I suggest you don't apply to both because it's the same university and there isn't any point, they will know that you've applied to two courses at the same university.
    And this will take two of your options where you will be much better if you applied elsewhere depending on ur strengths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The extended degrees sometimes have quite specific admissions requirements. Apply to four courses that would most suit you and/or you meet and exceed the entry requirements. Have a look at the old stalking pages and see where people similar to you managed to get interviews.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.