Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just got an offer from Edinburgh. One of my top choices. Now imagine my surprise when I log onto Ucas track and click view on the offer only to see that my offer is two grades higher than what my school is expected of me. Is this a bad thing? What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linoculum)
    I just got an offer from Edinburgh. One of my top choices. Now imagine my surprise when I log onto Ucas track and click view on the offer only to see that my offer is two grades higher than what my school is expected of me. Is this a bad thing? What should I do?
    You should work for the grades you need! It's not impossible. You reap what you sow, after all.

Make sure you have a reasonable insurance choice which is AAB or lower.

ReputationRep:
    mate, you just got an offer from Edinburgh, work bloody hard for 3As. There's nothing wrong with the offer at all, of course if you feel confident that you can't get it then don't take it as your firm. All up to you buddy, what course also may I ask? and what grades did you get in AS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ddogi)
    mate, you just got an offer from Edinburgh, work bloody hard for 3As. There's nothing wrong with the offer at all, of course if you feel confident that you can't get it then don't take it as your firm. All up to you buddy, what course also may I ask? and what grades did you get in AS?
    This is for a bachelors in mechanical engineering.
    I received CDD in my as due to pure stupidity and carelessness

ReputationRep:
    just work hard and try your best mate

ReputationRep:
    Well that's a massive lifeline mate, I would work my arse off for that place, I'm hoping to do law there next year.

Decide if you can realistically do it then if you think you have a chance work as hard as you can to achieve it and make sure you have an insurance with lower conditions as back up.

Not sure why you were surprised given this is their typical offer - indeed given your As levels you are very lucky to have an offer at all. They must have felt that you are capable so try and prove them right.

good luck

ReputationRep:
    With those grades at AS be grateful for the offer and work as hard as you possibly can to get the AAA, retake an AS exam or two if you need to!

It is not impossible at all, believe in your self and don't have a repeat of last year!

ReputationRep:
    I had an offer to study at Edinburgh, asked for AAA but predicted AAB. I missed AAA by a few UMS in 2 subjects, and they declined me. Try really hard to get the grades because they show no leniency whatsoever! Good Luck x

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.