Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

M358 - Russian Athletics Motion 2015 watch

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    M358 - Russian Athletics Motion 2015, The Hon. Hazzer1998 MP
    Russian Athletics Motion 2015

This House believes that the allegations of Russian Athletes doping during various sporting events and in particularly the 2012 London Olympic Games in which it is alleged that it was " sabotaged " by Russian athletes who abnormal blood tests results where ignored by officials who were being paid to ignore the results are unacceptable

This House Shall push the IAAF ( The International Association of Athletics Federation ) to Ban Russia from the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio and Any International Athletic and track events . it is unfair the other countries athletes are being disadvantaged by Russian participators who are doping.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    I think it's unfair to see innocent russian athletes banned because of others.

I'll wait for the debate before taking a proper stance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nay, solve the problem allow them to dope.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    This strikes me as petty anti Russian rubbish, nay.

Surely they should deal with the corruption rather than do this.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    The Russian governing body for athletics needs to be punished.

This seems a sensible way to do it.

ReputationRep:
    Athletics is rotten to the core, and the IAAF is in no position to moralise to anyone. The entire sport needs a clean-up, punishing one country is pointless when cheating is so endemic. Nay.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)

Then punish the body. Are you suggesting that the people should be punished if our government fails, or the EU or UN fails?

P.s. I am well aware that this is pretty much what happens at times via the likes of sanctions where the people are punished to try to twist the arm of the leader

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    These are unproven allegations for now as far as I can tell. I see no reason for us to get involved at this time, lets just allow the IAAF to investigate and come to their own conclusions.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Nay. Punishing athletes who weren't involved in the alleged doping scandal is not the right way to go about this.

ReputationRep:
    Nay

Nay

ReputationRep:
    Nay, it's unfair to those who didn't dope.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    As of yet, I think it's just allegations - besides, I disapprove of the House intervening with trivial matters like this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A temporary "solution" to a fraction of an ever enveloping global problem. Until such allegations are proven, and the methods through which the Russians are speculated to have cheated are exposed, meaningful reform is impossible. So effectively, nay.

(Original post by United1892)
    Nay, solve the problem allow them to dope.
    It might seem radical but I agree. Gradually decriminalising the practice of doping in athletics seems a viable way to level the playing field. The process of using substances or diets to enhance athlete's abilities traces back to Ancient Greece and beyond where it wasn't just allowed, it was advocated. If a process through which countries or individuals are enhancing themselves is secret to others then there's an issue, but if people were to have no reason to keep such a process a secret (e.g. the fear of disqualification is alleviated) then sedition would be discouraged.

If the issue of unfair sportsmanship is truly something the House feels is important, then advocating a progressive move towards reform would be better than winging for the IAAF to momentarily paper over the cracks.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Nay.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Nay. Reasons are listed above.

ReputationRep:
    These must be proven first of all. Demand an investigation and full co-operarion.

Meh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)

It would be more sensible to just have more dope tests.
    It not like it's just the Russians, everyone is at it (some people are at it(e

ReputationRep:
    We should be demanding a full and proper investigation. Where the House could intervene is to impose travel bans on individuals found guilty- someone such as Justin Gatlin who has had bans for drug taking should not be coming to the UK to compete again.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    BBC Sport suggesting this morning that this may indeed happen.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.