Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you ever fear being alone? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It's my greatest fear, I have sleepless nights over it sometimes. I crave for someone's presence all the time, I guess I will never leave the city life haha.

There's a game called SOMA that focused on a guy who was the only 'living' thing on Earth, really hit me hard and I realised how much I fear loneliness. It caused me to go through all that philospical **** about the meaning of life and who I really am as well.

I am wondering if anyone else feels the same way as me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DedicatedWizard)
    It's my greatest fear, I have sleepless nights over it sometimes. I crave for someone's presence all the time, I guess I will never leave the city life haha.

There's a game called SOMA that focused on a guy who was the only 'living' thing on Earth, really hit me hard and I realised how much I fear loneliness. It caused me to go through all that philospical **** about the meaning of life and who I really am as well.

I am wondering if anyone else feels the same way as me
    I used to but I'm now comfortable being alone, or even I prefer it I would say. I remember turning the TV on to make noises when I was alone. I think it's about getting used to it

ReputationRep:
    I am familiar with this. I think it is part of our genetic make up - or an extreme of our shared social behaviors. There are ways to "get over" it but the reasons for fears are often personal. so you would have to look inwards.

Is this purely romantic or social in general?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by da_nolo)
    I am familiar with this. I think it is part of our genetic make up - or an extreme of our shared social behaviors. There are ways to "get over" it but the reasons for fears are often personal. so you would have to look inwards.

Is this purely romantic or social in general?
    It's actually the social aspect. I don't like the idea of being by myself for more than a few hours. E.g. Being the last person on Earth. I would go bat**** insane tbh

ReputationRep:
    no i'm comfortable enough in myself to like being alone for some periods of time.

that game sounds a lot like the movie I am Legend

Not really. Although, I must admit that being alone in a house at night isn't great for my nerves. Definitely going to sleep with a rounders bat and a bible by my bed.

ReputationRep:
    I really do sometimes.

Isolation is truly a terrifying thing.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I've ever had that fear tbh. Never really thought about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    Not really. Although, I must admit that being alone in a house at night isn't great for my nerves. Definitely going to sleep with a rounders bat and a bible by my bed.
    The power of Christ compells you!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    No, I've learned to embrace it.

ReputationRep:
    It's actually the social aspect. I don't like the idea of being by myself for more than a few hours. E.g. Being the last person on Earth. I would go bat**** insane tbh
    There could be more than then just the "alone" part that bothers you on that example.
    What about the only person you know at a group gathering?

Home alone?

Alone in an attic?

Camping alone?

There is cabin fever.

ReputationRep:
    There could be more than then just the "alone" part that bothers you on that example.
    What about the only person you know at a group gathering?

Home alone?

Alone in an attic?

Camping alone?

There is cabin fever.
    I can put up with being home alone in the day only. I don't actually understand your question, please clarify

ReputationRep:
    I can put up with being home alone in the day only. I don't actually understand your question, please clarify
    the question is based on your example. it seems as though there could be more than just being alone that would be fearful or uncomfortable. part of it seems to be due to a question of safety while another shows some sense of abandonment. Otherwise you do not wish the entire world to disappear.
    just thinking really

ReputationRep:
    Nope. But in a huge mansion at night by myself yes.

ReputationRep:
    Being alone isn't just about not physically having people surround you.

Loneliness is one of the most crippling experiences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    Nice to finally find someone who also likes a spontaneous game of rounders in the middle of the night, followed by bible study. Good for the body and the soul.

ReputationRep:
    the question is based on your example. it seems as though there could be more than just being alone that would be fearful or uncomfortable. part of it seems to be due to a question of safety while another shows some sense of abandonment. Otherwise you do not wish the entire world to disappear.
    just thinking really
    Yeah, I think it's the feeling of being abandoned that gets to me.

ReputationRep:
    I was gonna say " your not alone now" , in hindsight realizing that comes off creepy and cringy. Ah , my lack of empathy is a real crippler

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily.97)
    Being alone isn't just about not physically having people surround you.

Loneliness is one of the most crippling experiences.
    Being alone and loneliness are two different things.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    No. Sometimes I crave being alone. In fact, often I crave some time to be alone.

I've never lived alone. I've never had as much as ten minutes completely alone in my house for the past 10 years. I can't even pee or shower alone without someone barging into the bathroom.

The ONLY time I get to be alone, is when I'm driving in the car back from having dropped the kids off at school, or driving to pick them up again.

I would hate to be alone forever, but I wish I could be alone sometimes!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.