Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it better to leave the college before they kick me out watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The head off department spoke 2 me he said my attendance is really poor, it's below 60% he was like if I don't improve in 2 weeks I'm getting kicked out I live so far nearly 3 hours away is it better to quit college before the head kicks me out

ReputationRep:
    Or you could stop making excuses and put some effort in for once in your life.

ReputationRep:
    Commuting is awful but why do you go to a college that's 3hrs away? :eek: If you do not wish to disrupt your studies explain your personal circumstances to the head of the department and look into whether your timetable can be tweaked or other arrangement can be reached. If you wish to remain in college you have to communicate with your tutors and head of department so they have a full understanding of your situation and thus do not attribute your absences to laziness and total disregard for your course(s). Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I got kicked out of my previous college last year for my attendance it was over an hour away, the college I'm at don't take no nonsense they said if the college is too far why did I go there, they won't change the testable the college is sooooooo crap I think I should just leave can't be asked 4 college whenether I come in late there always on my back even if I come 3 minutes late

ReputationRep:
    I am being late it's better then not showing up
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    It's not really.

You need to find a college closer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LD1000)
    The head off department spoke 2 me he said my attendance is really poor, it's below 60% he was like if I don't improve in 2 weeks I'm getting kicked out I live so far nearly 3 hours away is it better to quit college before the head kicks me out
    It takes me nearly 3 hours to get home and my attendance is 100 %- there's no excuse but laziness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LD1000)
    I got kicked out of my previous college last year for my attendance it was over an hour away, the college I'm at don't take no nonsense they said if the college is too far why did I go there, they won't change the testable the college is sooooooo crap I think I should just leave can't be asked 4 college whenether I come in late there always on my back even if I come 3 minutes late
    Your college has a point, if you couldnt be bothered attending a college on time that was an hour away why on earth would you triple this
    I go to a college about 45 minutes away so not bad but ive never been late and have only missed one day which was for illness last year.
    You need to find a college close to you and get a move on in the morning to get there on time, it isnt hard

Edit: also no your college isnt 'crap' at least not for the reasons you have gave. It is perfectly reasonable to expect students to have attendence much better than 60% without extreme circumstances. They wont change your testtable (assuming you mean timetable) because it is your responsibility to go to a college that you can get to for these lessons

ReputationRep:
    If I don't go that's mean I miss the whole day if I turn up late there always on my case 24/7 the head of department wants a meeting with mum he emailed me and I deleted it

ReputationRep:
    Not really

ReputationRep:
    That's the only college I checked out and apply for I thought it would be good but it's so crap like there always hunting me down for mums number I keep making excuses I'm supposed to be a adult I'm 19 not a child I swear college is optional
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    They can't change the timetable just for you.

ReputationRep:
    It's funny how you claim to be an adult now, but in your last thread when I said you should start acting like an adult, you made the excuse that you are not a grown man yet. You can't have your cake and eat it too, if you want to be treated like and adult you need to act like one.

Honestly you are pathetic. Take some responsibility.

ReputationRep:
    True

ReputationRep:
    Im still young only 19 I'm still a teenager ain't even reached the big 20 yet

ReputationRep:
    College is optional, but if you're going to enrol then don't waste their time with being late. It doesn't matter if they're strict with times or whatever, you chose to go there now you should abide by their rules. If you don't want to go then do something else.

ReputationRep:
    3 hour commute for college? Better off going to a closer college and btw you seem to have a bad attitude. If you really don't want to go and get an education then don't pursue what is your interested in.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Your age doesn't matter. You're just wasting their time and yours too. At 19 you're surely mature enough to get to college on time?

ReputationRep:
    I do want to go there

ReputationRep:
    Most other college spaces are taken I'm interested in construction

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.