Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I am in need of some advice. I have applied for the Social Work MA (I am almost finished with my degree in Social and Community Studies, predicted 2:1) and I have an interview and written exam soon.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect from both the interview and the exam?

What type of questions will I be asked in the interview and what does the exam entail?

Obviously I am utterly terrified.

Thank you in advance!!!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm in a similar boat, nearly finished my degree in Criminology predicted a 2:1, I have been to my interview at Leeds Uni and have one at Bradford and York soon!

I don't know if you've already had it, if you have I hope it went well!

If you haven't, the written exercise is generally a scenario to which you should apply your professional opinion on what should be done. I would recommend reading some social policy, some documentation on intervention in children and families, and also the code of practice is useful. Check at the Social Care Institute of Excellence (www.scie.org.uk) as they have some useful documents. The interview will be split into 2 parts, a group interview which will consist of another scenario which you and the group will discuss as a multi-agency meeting and you shall offer your professional opinion on the scenario. The second part is the individual interview and they ask you about what makes you want to be a social worker, what have you done to prepare yourself for the profession etc

Hope this helped and good luck!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.