Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm 23 she's 18? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    As the title says, I'm 23 and shes 18. However in 3 months i turn 24 and she won't be 19 for around 6 months after that.

So therefore, 24 yr old going out with an 18 yr old? Would it be weird?

I mean, she's mature enough and we get on but i just can't help thinking off an age gap but once she would turn 19/20 i'm sure i wouldn't think off it at all.... Any thoughts??

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I think that it's fine, as you're both consenting adults. As long as you're both over eighteen, I don't see an issue

ReputationRep:
    You're adorable.

When I had just turned 17, I met my boyfriend who was about to turn 30. Nearly five years later, we're living together happily ever after and nobody who knows us has ever thought anything other than that we're a perfect match.

If you like each other and are compatible, then such a small age gap shouldn't be an issue - the very fact that you're a bit worried about it shows that you're a conscientious sort of person who isn't out to manipulate teenage girls.

ReputationRep:
    It's fine, she's over 18 and 5 years isn't that much really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thought this was another one of your banter threads :lol:

I turned 25 recently, dating a girl who's now 19. She was 18 when we started and everything's going fine so far. The distance is a bit of a ***** but that goes for any relationship. The fact that she's an undergrad and I'm just looking at PhDs means in a way we're not at overly different points in life.

ReputationRep:
    depends if she has a big rack or not tbf...

ReputationRep:
    its fine

ReputationRep:
    i'm 19 myself, and i'd say she won't be on your maturity level, i wouldn't be able to date someone who's that old - even if we're both adults and it's just 5 years, hmm anyway if you're happy together, then that's good

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's probably aight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unchosenone)
    As the title says, I'm 23 and shes 18. However in 3 months i turn 24 and she won't be 19 for around 6 months after that.

I mean, she's mature enough and we get on but i just can't help thinking off an age gap but once she would turn 19/20 i'm sure i wouldn't think off it at all.... Any thoughts??

ooooh nice work op, keep snaking those young females, i actually rate you

ReputationRep:
    Just scrapes in to the acceptable zone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plumstone;[url="tel:60587135")
    60587135[/url]]You're adorable.

When I had just turned 17, I met my boyfriend who was about to turn 30. Nearly five years later, we're living together happily ever after and nobody who knows us has ever thought anything other than that we're a perfect match.

If you like each other and are compatible, then such a small age gap shouldn't be an issue - the very fact that you're a bit worried about it shows that you're a conscientious sort of person who isn't out to manipulate teenage girls.
    Did your parents raise an eyebrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unchosenone)

My mum was only 20 when she started going out with my dad who was 33 at the time. They celebrated their 20th wedding anniversary earlier this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajaxkiller)
    depends if she has a big rack or not tbf...
    Noting the important stuff down bruh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    Did your parents raise an eyebrow?
    My mum met my boyfriend the same night I did as we were all at the same event together, she gave me advice when I wasn't sure how to make it clear I liked him, she drove me to our first date (and many subsequent ones), she gave me a mobile phone so I could keep in touch with him and she let him come and visit and stay over at weekends.

She knows that I've always got on much better with people who are older than me, and she could tell that I really liked him and that he was a really nice guy.

My parents are divorced, so my dad didn't meet him until we'd been dating for a few months, but once he met him he really liked him and they still get on very well.

For parents who know their children and aren't stupid about it, an age gap like ours isn't a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I turned 25 recently, dating a girl who's now 19. She was 18 when we started and everything's going fine so far. The distance is a bit of a ***** but that goes for any relationship. The fact that she's an undergrad and I'm just looking at PhDs means in a way we're not at overly different points in life.
    Cheers for that, I'm actually still completing my degree at University myself and she's just starting so not entirely different either!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plumstone)
    You're adorable.

Haha thanks, it's just that i've a younger sister the same age also, so that is kind of stuck in my head, would i want someone my age dating her, but will see how it plays out! Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plumstone)
    You're adorable.

But he will die before you for certain :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    But he will die before you for certain :sad:
    You're cheerful, aren't you? What if I get hit by a bus in ten years' time and he lives until he's 90?

Anyway, what is the point in me living miserably without him because he might die before me?

What's wrong with being happy with him for as long as I can? I fully intend to enjoy several decades with him by my side.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.