Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For graduate scheme, i was wondering how Accenture compares to Big Four?

I know big four are also tilted towards Audit, Tax etc. but how do the management consulting divisions compare?

Are they any better or worse?

Also, in London which company has a better brand/career development opportunities?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Jedbrien)

I know big four are also tilted towards Audit, Tax etc. but how do the management consulting divisions compare?

Also, in London which company has a better brand/career development opportunities?
    IMO:

Strategy& + Deloitte Monitor >>>>>>>> PwC MC + Deloitte MC + Accenture Strategy >>>> KPMG MC + EY MC >> Accenture MC

Generally, PwC and Deloitte have the best 'names' in the industry, but it really depends on what you want to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    IMO:

Strategy& + Deloitte Monitor >>>>>>>> PwC MC + Deloitte MC + Accenture Strategy >>>> KPMG MC + EY MC >> Accenture MC

Generally, PwC and Deloitte have the best 'names' in the industry, but it really depends on what you want to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pretty much this. Would add Parthenon with Deloitte Monitor and Strategy&. I would also put Deloitte Monitor ahead of Strategy&. Accenture Strategy is an interesting one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jedbrien)

My understanding is Accenture generally pay more/lots of benefits compared to Big 4. And also, Accenture is regarded as more of a one-stop shop - i.e. they have capabilities to deliver everything. And there is probably more areas you can move around. They do sponsor for MBAs if you can present a business case for doing one. Exit opportunities are okay for start-ups, corporate development, moving to industry but I imagine IBD is better, by quite a margin.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will2348)
    My understanding is Accenture generally pay more/lots of benefits compared to Big 4. And also, Accenture is regarded as more of a one-stop shop - i.e. they have capabilities to deliver everything. And there is probably more areas you can move around. They do sponsor for MBAs if you can present a business case for doing one. Exit opportunities are okay for start-ups, corporate development, moving to industry but I imagine IBD is better, by quite a margin.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, thanks for the reply. Is this with regards to their Management Consulting divisions? Or jus the companies in general.

Also because i am new to London, how is Accenture viewed in London relative to the big four?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will2348)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The big 4 are a one stop shop. Accenture are basically just IT advisers - which is a highly lucrative business.

The big 4 offer all aspects of accountancy, management consulting, strategy advice, corporate finance, IT consulting, HR consulting, legal advice. You name it, they'll do it for a fee. While Accenture doesn't. Also another massive difference is that Accenture is a listed business that needs to pay out to shareholders, while the big 4 are partnerships, their senior management keep all the profits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Classical Liberal)
    The big 4 are a one stop shop. Accenture are basically just IT advisers - which is a highly lucrative business.

The big 4 offer all aspects of accountancy, management consulting, strategy advice, corporate finance, IT consulting, HR consulting, legal advice. You name it, they'll do it for a fee. While Accenture doesn't. Also another massive difference is that Accenture is a listed business that needs to pay out to shareholders, while the big 4 are partnerships, their senior management keep all the profits.
    I meant more with regard to consulting from concept to delivery in the IT space rather than covering every type of consulting but never mind. You're right there is a distinction between Pre-IPO MDs and Post-IPO MDs. However, every employee at Accenture at any level can receive up to 10% of their salary in Accenture stock (discounted at 15%) and receive dividends through this or sell instantly for a profit. Most young people take advantage of this as a way to part save for a housing deposit. If you look at how the share price has evolved, this has been incredibly lucrative for a lot of people - so it somewhat makes up for the fact Accenture have shareholders to pay as all the employees (who decide to participate) are shareholders with varying stakes.

Also, was referring to them in general OP, and how it is viewed depends on what you want to do longer-term; it's not that clear cut.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.