Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Terrified for pgce interview! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I have a pgce interview tomorrow and I am terrified! I have no faith in myself to get a place on the course! It's my number one choice to complete my pgce at but I know I am going to get rejected!

Has anybody got any advice or tips please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blobby1759)
    Hello

I have a pgce interview tomorrow and I am terrified! I have no faith in myself to get a place on the course! It's my number one choice to complete my pgce at but I know I am going to get rejected!

Has anybody got any advice or tips please?
    PM me your email, I'll give you a document the IoT gave me.

ReputationRep:
    Think about these questions ....

* Why did you apply? What is it about teaching that really interests you? How badly do you want to be a teacher?

* If they didn't think you'd be any good as a teacher, they wouldn't be interviewing you would they? There must have been something about your application, and you, that they liked.

Put some really inspiring 'feel good' music on loud - my favourite is Queen's 'We are the Champions' - and tell yourself 10 reasons why YOU would be a good teacher. Then walk into that interview with your head held high and a big smile.

(And then come back here and tell us how you got on ....)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TunaTunnel)
    PM me your email, I'll give you a document the IoT gave me.
    I'm gonna be annoying and ask if I could also get a copy? Desperate times call for desperate measures, and all that...

(Original post by returnmigrant)
    Think about these questions ....

* Why did you apply? What is it about teaching that really interests you? How badly do you want to be a teacher?

* If they didn't think you'd be any good as a teacher, they wouldn't be interviewing you would they? There must have been something about your application, and you, that they liked.

Put some really inspiring 'feel good' music on loud - my favourite is Queen's 'We are the Champions' - and tell yourself 10 reasons why YOU would be a good teacher. Then walk into that interview with your head held high and a big smile.

(And then come back here and tell us how you got on ....)
    Haha love that last point! Got to admit I have a few songs that I play for times when I need a boost like 'This Girl is on Fire' by Alicia Keys and 'I'll make a man out of you' from Mulan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizzz!)
    I'm gonna be annoying and ask if I could also get a copy? Desperate times call for desperate measures, and all that...

Haha love that last point! Got to admit I have a few songs that I play for times when I need a boost like 'This Girl is on Fire' by Alicia Keys and 'I'll make a man out of you' from Mulan

If you PM me your email I'll send one.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, they're desperate for teachers so will accept anyone who meets the requirements pretty much.

ReputationRep:
    Got to have confidence, although they understand that it's a nerve-wracking experience.

In mine, I was asked for qualities that teachers have, something about my subject that has inspired me personally, what I do outside of work, safeguarding question and a few others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blobby1759)

I have a pgce interview tomorrow

So, how did it go ......?

ReputationRep:
    How did it go?? I have mine tuesday. Already been unsuccessful for a scitt so feeling even less confident now. Not to mention the fact I was rejected by both choices last year. I feel absolutely terrified. .. teacing is all I've ever wanted to do x

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.