Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How Aqa Economics go? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How was the exam on monday did it go well for evry1? I thought unit 1 was prettry easy with the multi choice and buffer stock. I messed up a little on unit 2 as didnt talk about demand side policies in question 1c. In unit 3 randomly went for sport and was ok but I was the only one who did it in our year 40 people took it!!!!!!!!

Anyway how was it for you guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MickyFinstar)
    How was the exam on monday did it go well for evry1? I thought unit 1 was prettry easy with the multi choice and buffer stock. I messed up a little on unit 2 as didnt talk about demand side policies in question 1c. In unit 3 randomly went for sport and was ok but I was the only one who did it in our year 40 people took it!!!!!!!!

Anyway how was it for you guys?
    Mod 1 - Fairly straight forward, concluded we shouldn't interfere (i'm a ******* )
    Mod 2 - I didn't mention any demand side policies explicitly either, just saying that without AD increases supply side policy is a waste of time
    Mod 3 - did the environment, easy paper.

ReputationRep:
    Was environment easy? Look at it and thought it was hard but maybe your better at economics then me. What grade to people thing they got. Im hoping for at least and B cause I think I got an A in unit 3. May 15 mark answer was nearly 2 pages and thought well stuctured. My other 15 mark answers were just under 1 and half pages.

ReputationRep:
    I only did unit 2 and 3. Unit two was relatively straightforwad. I did the unemployment question, which was really nice. However, I found the unit 3 housing question really micro-centric.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah ilooked at housing and thought I aint doing that!??!?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah ilooked at housing and thought I aint doing that!??!?
    I did it, and have been regretting it ever since. Everyone that I know said the sport and leisure question was a cakewalk.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sport and leisure was a gift. What you recon will be A and B grade boudries in each unit outta 40. I fI had to guess I say I got 30/40 in unit 1 25/40 in unit 2 and 30/40 in unit 3. I got an A at GCSE economics so am hoping for at least an AS B.
    What are you people doing next year coursework or EU exam?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sport and leisure was a gift. What you recon will be A and B grade boudries in each unit outta 40. I fI had to guess I say I got 30/40 in unit 1 25/40 in unit 2 and 30/40 in unit 3. I got an A at GCSE economics so am hoping for at least an AS B.
    What are you people doing next year coursework or EU exam?
    Dunno about an A, but im hoping to scrape a B and drop the thing. Next year we do coursework at my school.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, im a A2 student, just resitting Unit 2 from AS. I got a B last year in unit 2, retaking it to get an A as it is very similar to unit 6 on A2.

(Original post by corey)
    Mod 2 - I didn't mention any demand side policies explicitly either, just saying that without AD increases supply side policy is a waste of time.
    With reference to the above. Supply side policy is not a waste of time without AD increases because...

Supply side polices are used when AD is at full employment, ie when the AD curve crosses the LRAS curve at the bottle neck point.. shift the LRAS right (via supply side polices) and it takes the pressure off the economy - with a deflationary effect. In the long run this will allow the AD to increase and keep the inflation/employment rate stable. This process is known as economic growth ;-) which is hard to achieve with Demand side polices!!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.