Turn on thread page Beta

Petition for the banning of the racist members... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In this sub-forum permantly. They are produing many hatful comments that are wrecking alot of threads. Please sign below if you think they should be banned permenantly by IP address so they just cant get new accounts. I suspect it might well be one or two people but they are posting an awful of commments, and apart from being very offensive it is not helping anyone.

ReputationRep:
    aye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    In this sub-forum permantly. They are produing many hatful comments that are wrecking alot of threads. Please sign below if you think they should be banned permenantly by IP address so they just cant get new accounts. I suspect it might well be one or two people but they are posting an awful of commments, and apart from being very offensive it is not helping anyone.

As much as I do not agree with racisits or racist comments, I think these losers should still be able to post and have thier say. Oppressing something or someone because you dont agree with their point of view is a bit wrong. There will always be people who oppose your own views and have different morals to you, but ignoring them or blocking them seems pointless. It would make more sense to hear their arguments (and challenge them if you have the time or inclination).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MentallyIll)
    As much as I do not agree with racisits or racist comments, I think these losers should still be able to post and have thier say. Oppressing something or someone because you dont agree with their point of view is a bit wrong. There will always be people who oppose your own views and have different morals to you, but ignoring them or blocking them seems pointless. It would make more sense to hear their arguments (and challenge them if you have the time or inclination).
    Theres a difference between people with different views which happen to be of the type commonly construed as racist and idiots who come on with the intent to offend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    Theres a difference between people with different views which happen to be of the type commonly construed as racist and idiots who come on with the intent to offend.

Very true. I am in favour of banning those people who come on with the intent to offend.

ReputationRep:
    That would be fine in a democracy however they are very clearly breaking the forum rules and if you wish to change the joining rules then you are free to campaign for that.

I do not see the point on letting members who have views with no logic behind them (i have listened and tried to debate personally) to destroy a large number of threads with offensive and off the cuff comments.

ReputationRep:
    Very true. I am in favour of banning those people who come on with the intent to offend.
    same here, people often say stuff about my religion, and it really offends me, but when they are putting out a point its fine, its the way the put it really, not mentioning any names

ReputationRep:
    Banning is not on....people should be able to express their opinion whatever that may be. People are too sensitive these days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wise Man)
    Banning is not on....people should be able to express their opinion whatever that may be. People are too sensitive these days
    These people are not expressing their opininon. They're trying to offend people by deliberately producing the most offensive posts they can think of.

I don't think there's any need to ban them, however. Just ignore them, their thread will head down the page and no-one will notice it. They're trying to get a reaction; if you rob them of that, they will go away.

ReputationRep:
    Taken from the rules you agree to when everyone signs up:

"By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws"

comments like these clearly go against that:

"I say there needs to be a new law, saying that no welfare which goes to white single mothers with non-white children be collected from white men."

"I'm going to validate this by showing you a post from hindu mud-race raghead, because it is a fine example of how labourites want YOU to be tolerant, but the non-whites coming into your country aren't expected to be tolerant of YOU:"

Due to the deletion of a thread last night the number of such comments has gone done, however its clear that comments like the ones above clearly go aganst the rules of the forum and are very offensive. Imagine what it would be like in you were a hindu.

ReputationRep:
    im afraid i will not sign to ban racists. however, i will advocate banning those who are personally offensive, on a case by case basis

ReputationRep:
    Taken from the rules you agree to when everyone signs up:

"By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws"

comments like these clearly go against that:

"I say there needs to be a new law, saying that no welfare which goes to white single mothers with non-white children be collected from white men."

"I'm going to validate this by showing you a post from hindu mud-race raghead, because it is a fine example of how labourites want YOU to be tolerant, but the non-whites coming into your country aren't expected to be tolerant of YOU:"

Due to the deletion of a thread last night the number of such comments has gone done, however its clear that comments like the ones above clearly go aganst the rules of the forum and are very offensive. Imagine what it would be like in you were a hindu.
    No question such posters deserve to get banned. However, I think it will be fair easier for everyone else to just ignore them. You won't have to actually hear their vile rubbish, nor waste your time repeatedly showing why it is nothing but vile rubbish. It will save the mods some time, too. Even better, it will annoy these offensive posters no end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    im afraid i will not sign to ban racists. however, i will advocate banning those who are personally offensive, on a case by case basis
    hear hear
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    If you find a post offensive report it and it may be deleted if a mod agrees with you that it breaks the rules.

Members who repeatedly post things which are reported/deleted will be banned.

ReputationRep:
    well when i say racists i think most people know who i mean

ReputationRep:
    well when i say racists i think most people know who i mean
    so its a petition to ban davidkrane?

ReputationRep:
    so its a petition to ban davidkrane?
    if he is the same person as asher, england2004, england 2005 ect then yes, as you can see if it is the same person which i believe it is then they are just creating multiple accounts and hence an ip ban would be good

ReputationRep:
    if he is the same person as asher, england2004, england 2005 ect then yes, as you can see if it is the same person which i believe it is then they are just creating multiple accounts and hence an ip ban would be good
    but if he is using telephone line, then his IP may not be fixed
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by multiculture1)
    but if he is using telephone line, then his IP may not be fixed
    Ahh but if he is using a telephone lin ethen he must be signed up to an ISP - and most ISPs have something in their T&Cs about publishing offensive/inflationary content

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Ahh but if he is using a telephone lin ethen he must be signed up to an ISP - and most ISPs have something in their T&Cs about publishing offensive/inflationary content
    Is it really fair to expect the moderators to start contacting ISP's? I don't think getting someone's contract discontinued will be the easiest job in the world - they won't want to lose a customer. I really think the best solution is to ignore clearly provocative threads. They won't get off the ground, and eventually the mods will delete them.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.