x Turn on thread page Beta

Petition for the banning of the racist members... watch

• Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by H&E)
    Is it really fair to expect the moderators to start contacting ISP's? I don't think getting someone's contract discontinued will be the easiest job in the world - they won't want to lose a customer. I really think the best solution is to ignore clearly provocative threads. They won't get off the ground, and eventually the mods will delete them.
    As the mods can't issue IP bans (only d can) if a user is repeatedly creating accounts solely to abuse the forum then the only option available to them is to report the abuse to their ISPs - whether the ISPs would choose to take action is up to them...but it certainly isn't a good idea to allow the misconception to continue that you can do what you like so long as you hide behind a dynamic IP address.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    In this sub-forum permantly. They are produing many hatful comments that are wrecking alot of threads. Please sign below if you think they should be banned permenantly by IP address so they just cant get new accounts. I suspect it might well be one or two people but they are posting an awful of commments, and apart from being very offensive it is not helping anyone.
    Please define the terms "racist members" and "racist comments".

It seems ok to **** of Americans / Christianity but as soon as Muslims or Islam are mentioned...

ReputationRep:
    I think members who are offensive to individuals or groups of members should be banned but not just those who have a racist view in a non-offensive way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)

It seems ok to **** of Americans / Christianity but as soon as Muslims or Islam are mentioned...
    What are you on about?

I think this is largely to do with the comments from the person who said aid to "half-cast" families should be stopped.

Can you comprehend how this is racist?

ReputationRep:

"I'm going to validate this by showing you a post from hindu mud-race raghead, because it is a fine example of how labourites want YOU to be tolerant, but the non-whites coming into your country aren't expected to be tolerant of YOU:"

That part is true, though. Labourites really do only expect whites to be tolerant. You don't see Labourites screaming at pakis and indians to be tolerant, even though they segregate themselves, don't look kindly to other races with their women, block themselves off in their own exclusive neighborhoods and beat up or kill any outsider in their neighborhood. This, in England, where whites were gracious enough to allow them to immigrate. They don't return the graciousness, and Labourites certainly do not ever put any expectations upon them to do so. The only concern with Labourites is the evil white racists who are opposed to immigration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    What are you on about?

I think this is largely to do with the comments from the person who said aid to "half-cast" families should be stopped.

Can you comprehend how this is racist?
    yes, but why ban them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazarusutopia)
    That part is true, though. Labourites really do only expect whites to be tolerant. You don't see Labourites screaming at pakis and indians to be tolerant, even though they segregate themselves, don't look kindly to other races with their women, block themselves off in their own exclusive neighborhoods and beat up or kill any outsider in their neighborhood. This, in England, where whites were gracious enough to allow them to immigrate. They don't return the graciousness, and Labourites certainly do not ever put any expectations upon them to do so. The only concern with Labourites is the evil white racists who are opposed to immigration.
    I'm going to follow my previously stated policy and ignore this sort of vile rubbish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazarusutopia)
    Are you the same person again or someone new?

I think that you like many other new members (possibly same person) have a very warped view on the way that immigration and race relations in this country work. In the are I live in there are people from all ethnic backgrounds and there is very little tention. I understand that other regions are going to be different but I doubt that there are that many which are as bad as you have described.

ReputationRep:
    Ban them and if that does not work let us just ignore them. They will get bored and leave.

M x

ReputationRep:
    In this sub-forum permantly. They are produing many hatful comments that are wrecking alot of threads. Please sign below if you think they should be banned permenantly by IP address so they just cant get new accounts. I suspect it might well be one or two people but they are posting an awful of commments, and apart from being very offensive it is not helping anyone.
    I say, if it is possible, ban this one guy who keeps making new identities and stirring up trouble, and any other persistent offenders.

ReputationRep:
    ban them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    yes, but why ban them?
    Because racist remarks can be an incitement to racism which is illegal in THIS country!

Every other forum in the UK has added this type of posting to their 'warnings' because of the law.

Why should UK-Learning be an exception? It leaves the owner 'd' at risk of prosecution.

ReputationRep:
    I had a racist PM the other day, I reported it to the mods, he was banned instantly. Freedom of speah is one thing, blatent racism is just not on and should not be tolerated. This works both ways as well.

ReputationRep:
    There seems to be alot of worry over people being wrongly branded racist here and banded due to the fact they mearly hold far right views compared to the current status quo.

What we are talking about here are people writing things that are meant to offend due to their racists nature.
    They make no effort to make up these views with any sort of rational logic and refuse to accept any flaws in their posts. To me if you cannot back up your "extreme" views you should either admit you were wrong and aplogies to anyone you may have offended or be banned.

We are not talking about banning people who think that france is a weak nation, we are talking about people who use derogartory language towards a certain race to incite a reaction.

ReputationRep:
    i think that this asher/davidkrane/england2004 guy who keeps attacking 'labourites' AND 'pakis' has probably been dumped by a so-called 'paki chick'!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    I'm going to follow my previously stated policy and ignore this sort of vile rubbish
    I've got the strangest feeling that I've seen this guy somewhere before. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    here here
    the point of a forum is to express opinions right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    IMO the only people who should be banned (with respect to this thread) are trolls and those that patently try to be offensive. If we discriminate against those that hold ostensibly racist views then we ourselves are discriminating based on one attribute of a person, which is really no different to racism.

Aren't we all adult enough to accept that people will have views we don't agree with?
    Yes, but its another thing when they start using racist slurs. Its more then not agreeing with them, its being offended by what they say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)

I couldnt agree more. There are those do you hate american threads, and christians are annoying, but god forbide you say anything negetive about Muslims/Islam

And responding to the first post, yes ban them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    I couldnt agree more. There are those do you hate american threads, and christians are annoying, but god forbide you say anything negetive about Muslims/Islam

And responding to the first post, yes ban them.
    So you think that I should be banned for the creation of my Christians? Annoying? I think so. thread?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.