Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Arguments at work ?? What to do ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Im a worker at Mcdonalds and now some guy makes fun out me of my saying things like, how I dont do the job properly. He also says others things that arent too nice either. Its two people joking then mock me.

I hate it, we an argument about it the other day and the manager just asked me what happend. I dont know if he said anything afterwards. But still i'll be working again with them tommorow.

What can I do ? This is not nice at all. Very childish and I dont know why they pick on me ? Another guy said its good I dont take no **** and stood up to him, but why the hell act like idiots at work. Plus I dont know if the manager would do much.

Theres no point leaving over this is there ?

ReputationRep:
    Stand up for yourself as much as you reasonably can. Bullies are cowards on depend on people being too intimidated to say anything.

Rightly or wrongly, if I am unhappy in the workplace (unhappy as in it is messing with my mind in my own time), I will weigh up if the job/pay means that much to me and whether I'm willing to continue. I have to be like that to balance my mental health and I suspect I'm not alone in that.

Good luck dude.

ReputationRep:
    Collect evidence by noting down every remark and comment made against you no matter how childish or minor you think it was/is (don't forget to write down past comments) - firstly, try to resolve the issue informally by speaking to them but if it continues seek to make the incidents known to your employer - s/he has a duty to stop bullying and harassment in the workplace. If everything fails you can make a formal complaint via your employer's grievance procedure. I hope this ends very soon, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beautifulbigmacs)
    Stand up for yourself as much as you reasonably can. Bullies are cowards on depend on people being too intimidated to say anything.

Rightly or wrongly, if I am unhappy in the workplace (unhappy as in it is messing with my mind in my own time), I will weigh up if the job/pay means that much to me and whether I'm willing to continue. I have to be like that to balance my mental health and I suspect I'm not alone in that.

Good luck dude.
    What I don't get is why the hell it's me ? They start it. Others says it's because if you work well they try and put you down.

The next step might be further ie intense arguments

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The why me thing is a head mash. Bullies are random, I don't think they are too bothered about who their victim is as long as it makes them feel big. They will prey on people if they think they're an easy target I suppose but it's not always that black and white. People are strange.

ReputationRep:
    The why me thing is a head mash. Bullies are random, I don't think they are too bothered about who their victim is as long as it makes them feel big. They will prey on people if they think they're an easy target I suppose but it's not always that black and white. People are strange.
    True. By head mash you mean I'm thinking too much into it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redleader1)
    True. By head mash you mean I'm thinking too much into it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not necessarily that you're thinking too much into it. I mean that it's really hard to work out why people are bullies as in what's the point? What are they getting out of this? Why does their messed up way have to become my problem (why me)?...that kind of thing.

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily that you're thinking too much into it. I mean that it's really hard to work out why people are bullies as in what's the point? What are they getting out of this? Why does their messed up way have to become my problem (why me)?...that kind of thing.
    Oh right. Realistically in this world there a different people even if there over school leaving age they cant act like idiots ie bullies or just being arrogant. At the end of the day its a part of life. Its just needs to be dealt with.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.