The Student Room Group

Forgave him now he's provoking me again??

My uncle remarried in March. I fell out with my uncle's stepson though he is much older than me (29). He used to be pretty rude to me in private, on the other hand he was occasionally decent like helping me with my speakers etc when I didn't even ask him to.

I only kept quiet because my uncle really babies him (he lets him live at their place without paying rent etc.) and my mum is in a bad place and is close to her brother so so I didn't want them to argue. I rolled my eyes and ignored him because he just seemed very immature with his stupid childish remarks. I think he has anger issues too because I have him on FB and most of his comments are very whiny. However he said something really bad about my ex girlfriend so I snapped and told my uncle how awful he's been.

My uncle said he would speak to him but then came back to me saying that he felt I was making a big deal out of nothing and that I had really upset his stepson ("darling Mike" :rolleyes:), he did not say what his stepson had said. I told my uncle to forget about it and I just wasn't going to speak to his stepson again (which I've done). I am busy right now and if he wants to let his stepson off and be stupid up to him, and also I wasn't sure if his stepson really was upset and maybe has issues he has not told us about

However I was at a family christening this morning where I did have to see him. His stepson started trying to provoke me again, they were talking in my vicinity about virtues and he started saying loudly, glancing at me "I can't stand cowardice, I think that's the worst one" and so on. Obviously trying to provoke me

Should I call him out on it or ignore :lol: man is such a man child, ngl
(edited 8 years ago)
Just ignore him. If he's going to be immature, he's trying to provoke a reaction so don't give him what he wants
Reply 2
Original post by georgiaswift
Just ignore him. If he's going to be immature, he's trying to provoke a reaction so don't give him what he wants

Yeah, should I just ignore him then? How many insults is too far tho :s-smilie:

My mum was there too when my uncle confronted him, she wouldn't tell me much more but she said he lost his temper so I might have got to him even though I let him off. Do you think that happened? :smile:
Original post by Fat Rudeboi
Yeah, should I just ignore him then? How many insults is too far tho :s-smilie:

My mum was there too when my uncle confronted him, she wouldn't tell me much more but she said he lost his temper so I might have got to him even though I let him off. Do you think that happened? :smile:

Just ignore his insults and be civil to him - at least that way you've taken the moral high ground.

You may well have got to him, but we don't know. The only person who knows that is him, and he's not going to tell anyone if it did get to him
Reply 4
Original post by georgiaswift
Just ignore his insults and be civil to him - at least that way you've taken the moral high ground.

You may well have got to him, but we don't know. The only person who knows that is him, and he's not going to tell anyone if it did get to him

Wouldn't you say being civil is going too far though?

Right now I just ignore him he knows why.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending