Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Recently I've been feeling insecure... watch

I am normally one of the most chill guys you will meet. People love being around me, im funny, engaging and just a cool person in general. Not to brag, many people have called me a good looking and said i was cute, handsome etc etc.

I am pretty sure, girls have liked me before, but were just afraid to come and tell me or talk to me, and since I wasn't attracted to them, I would never even pursue. But two girls that I have been crazy about in my life, both of them did me dirty, because I poured my heart out to them and both distanced themselves from me. At the time it really got to me, but I never felt insecure about myself since I knew I was good looking, charming, and had a goat personality. Those two events really changed my mind frame about talking to girls, now I am the one in charge, in control etc etc, and I love it.

But to the main issue at hand, my insecurities are really getting to me man. I'm only 5'7 1/2, wearing Timbs or boots I reach 5'9. I have long slicked back hair, so that can add an inch or 2. Sometimes I feel mad short and it just gets to me man, I always hear about how girls like tall dudes, psychology a natural attraction is developed as soon as they see them. And I see it myself, the tall dudes always have girls after them. I'm 19 years old, my bros are taller than me, and I am just about a few cm taller than my dad. Maybe, god willing, I still have a few more years on growth in me, but I haven't really grow much since the age of 16. I feel the same. Even with perfect posture, then I hit 5'7 1/2 barefoot, and man it really get to me,

The weird thing is, all this insecurity comes from thinking that girls wont **** with me, when in the past they have. Maybe my looks and personality overshadow my height, I dunno, but recently it's been ****ing with me fam.

I honestly just need some words of encouragement. Not something yall type to make me feel better, but real life scenarios that you know about.. could be about you, or your friends who are in a similar position.

The thought of approaching a girl just haunts me, although I am mad confident and got great game, the height factor alone discourages me all the time man.

I am taller than most girls anyways, being 5'9 in my footwear, but still man. I dunno, I guess I need my studentroom people right now

ReputationRep:
    If youve got a problem with your height thats really going to effect your confidence, im short but i dont give a fck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am normally one of the most chill guys you will meet. People love being around me, im funny, engaging and just a cool person in general. Not to brag, many people have called me a good looking and said i was cute, handsome etc etc.

I am pretty sure, girls have liked me before, but were just afraid to come and tell me or talk to me, and since I wasn't attracted to them, I would never even pursue. But two girls that I have been crazy about in my life, both of them did me dirty, because I poured my heart out to them and both distanced themselves from me. At the time it really got to me, but I never felt insecure about myself since I knew I was good looking, charming, and had a goat personality. Those two events really changed my mind frame about talking to girls, now I am the one in charge, in control etc etc, and I love it.

But to the main issue at hand, my insecurities are really getting to me man. I'm only 5'7 1/2, wearing Timbs or boots I reach 5'9. I have long slicked back hair, so that can add an inch or 2. Sometimes I feel mad short and it just gets to me man, I always hear about how girls like tall dudes, psychology a natural attraction is developed as soon as they see them. And I see it myself, the tall dudes always have girls after them. I'm 19 years old, my bros are taller than me, and I am just about a few cm taller than my dad. Maybe, god willing, I still have a few more years on growth in me, but I haven't really grow much since the age of 16. I feel the same. Even with perfect posture, then I hit 5'7 1/2 barefoot, and man it really get to me,

The weird thing is, all this insecurity comes from thinking that girls wont **** with me, when in the past they have. Maybe my looks and personality overshadow my height, I dunno, but recently it's been ****ing with me fam.

I honestly just need some words of encouragement. Not something yall type to make me feel better, but real life scenarios that you know about.. could be about you, or your friends who are in a similar position.

The thought of approaching a girl just haunts me, although I am mad confident and got great game, the height factor alone discourages me all the time man.

I am taller than most girls anyways, being 5'9 in my footwear, but still man. I dunno, I guess I need my studentroom people right now
    Hi, listen to the song Love Myself by Hailee Steinfeld. I started listening to it a few days ago and it's been making me feel so much more better. I'm much more happier in school, and others think I'm taking a drug to make me happier! Aha. I listen to it when I wake up in the morning and when I sleep, to remid myself that I can love myself without anybody else.

I would definitely like to talk to you - you seem like such a nice gent! If you would like to talk, do PM me

BE HAPPY MY FRIEND AND SMILE. **** EVERYONE ELSES OPINION

ReputationRep:
    a goat personality

Sexy. :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    Only 5''7? That is like average height, I know a few short guys (5''3-5''5) and they get girls no problem.

ReputationRep:
    You really shouldn't worry about it. The average height for a male in the UK is 5'9. In 1954 it was 5'7. You're slightly shorter than average but not tiny by any means.

Your height is one of those things you just have to come to terms with, there's nothing you can do to change it. There are plenty of women out there who are not superficially obsessed with having a really tall boyfriend. If you're good looking and have a nice personality then I really don't know what you're complaining about, your prospects are far better than a guy who is really tall but also creepy looking and awkward.

I usually wouldn't say something like this, but seriously just man up.

Do u guys have short friends that pull girls all the time? or is this just in my head.

honest answers please

ReputationRep:
    I dont know anyone who cares about height, dont worry about it.

(Original post by phunky_fresh)
    Only 5''7? That is like average height, I know a few short guys (5''3-5''5) and they get girls no problem.

ahaha u being serious or just saying this to make me feel beeter

ReputationRep:
    I'm being dead serious.

ReputationRep:

My guess is that you failed with those two girls because you weren't being a man. Nothing to do with your height. Women in the end like taller men because they want to be protected by the man they are with. Taller man are bigger so will be more able to protect them. Your problem with these two girls was that you opened up to much. Men aren't meant to be like that. You are meant to be stronger and show less emotion. So instead of pouring your heart out, next time be more reserved. Show them your feelings in drips and drabs, so they know you are emotional available, but don't think you are weak so they distance themselves from you.

On the other hand women are meant to be more emotional and open up quicker. So men like this, as they then gain affection for the woman, care about her and want to protect her.

(Original post by william walker)
    My guess is that you failed with those two girls because you weren't being a man. Nothing to do with your height. Women in the end like taller men because they want to be protected by the man they are with. Taller man are bigger so will be more able to protect them. Your problem with these two girls was that you opened up to much. Men aren't meant to be like that. You are meant to be stronger and show less emotion. So instead of pouring your heart out, next time be more reserved. Show them your feelings in drips and drabs, so they know you are emotional available, but don't think you are weak so they distance themselves from you.

On the other hand women are meant to be more emotional and open up quicker. So men like this, as they then gain affection for the woman, care about her and want to protect her.
    very true. will take advice on board. thanks buddy

mini bump

ReputationRep:

very true. will take advice on board. thanks buddy
    Actually, that's way overcomplicated and mostly just internet wisdom.

To the average girl (~5 ft 5), 5 ft 9 will look very similar to 5 ft 11, just like a 6 ft 1 and 6 ft 3 guy probably look similar to you. Your height is basically in the range where it's not going to be relevant with most girls. If you feel self-conscious around other guys, bulk up.

Don't bother with any of the nonsense about showing less emotion or being stoic, just live your life how you feel comfortable. 'Real men' (no such thing) do what they want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dairychocolate)
    Actually, that's way overcomplicated and mostly just internet wisdom.

To the average girl (~5 ft 5), 5 ft 9 will look very similar to 5 ft 11, just like a 6 ft 1 and 6 ft 3 guy probably look similar to you. Your height is basically in the range where it's not going to be relevant with most girls. If you feel self-conscious around other guys, bulk up.

Don't bother with any of the nonsense about showing less emotion or being stoic, just live your life how you feel comfortable. 'Real men' (no such thing) do what they want.
    I never said show no emotion or be stoic. I said don't just open your heart to a woman right away. Real men certainly don't do what they want. They constrain themselves to protect women. In the end women want themselves and there children to be protected and provided for.

ReputationRep:
    I never said show no emotion or be stoic.
    I said 'less emotion,' not 'no emotion' and yes, and showing little emotion (especially during hardship) is what being stoic means.

I said don't just open your heart to a woman right away.
    But what does that mean?

It's common sense not to spill your guts to someone you barely know.

Real men certainly don't do what they want.
    There is no such thing as a 'real man' and the concept is a bit of a joke. Happy men do what makes them happy, which is the most important thing.

They constrain themselves to protect women. In the end women want themselves and there children to be protected and provided for.
    Women don't need a provider nowadays and being emotionally reserved doesn't make someone a better 'protector'.

Besides, why would you live your life just to meet women's expectations?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.