Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Will anyone be as generous to read through my personal statement and point out any mistakes and gives advice on the structure, please?
    I'd like some extra opinions as I know how important this is.

I am not english native speaker, therefore it would be a major service.

I'd like to ask someone that is trustworthy and respected on the forum, as I know personal statement's are important...

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'd be happy to read through it and offer help where necessary. If you're comfortable with sharing it with me then pm because it's safer. Also what course(s) are you applying for?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    You shouldn't send your PS to anyone over the internet - plagiarism is very real and you cannot control what happens to it after you send it to someone. Get your English teacher to read over it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Interrobang*)
    You shouldn't send your PS to anyone over the internet - plagiarism is very real and you cannot control what happens to it after you send it to someone. Get your English teacher to read over it
    Oh, I am very well aware of the plagiarism. However, I pointed out that I'll send to a "respected" member of the forum like yourself, for instance. I wouldn't worry about plagiarism.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Redundant)
    Oh, I am very well aware of the plagiarism. However, I pointed out that I'll send to a "respected" member of the forum like yourself, for instance. I wouldn't worry about plagiarism.
    Apart from the mods, you can't really tell if someone is respected. Say they have a lot of rep, or a lot of posts, that doesn't mean anything in relation to trustworthiness for this sort of thing. The mods won't do it - there is a paid service you can access through TSR (at the end of the PS builder tool), and the mods would not compromise that

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.