Turn on thread page Beta

Considering dropping out of university... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm just 3 months into my undergraduate degree in Management and I'm thinking of dropping out. I've been trying so hard to complete this assignment and I think it finally broke me.

I find my courses rather dry and especially Management so difficult. It's filled with formulas and numbers and everything is up for analysis which I dislike. I prefer things black or white. Even before I applied for this course I had my doubts. I really thought I could just push through 3 years of this and apply for what I think is my passion in life. I've always dreamt of being a pilot but my parents are stereotypical Asians who are so rigid in their thoughts. They planned my life out and I just don't think I can do this any longer.

I know dropping out wouldn't look good on my record but honestly, why study something you're not passionate about and waste a tonne of money? What do you guys think or have done if you've been in similar situations?

ReputationRep:
    I'm exactly in the same position but I'm doing History. I'm planning on reapplying to a different uni + course whilst staying at uni just in case I get 5 rejections lol. So I wouldn't drop out but def reapply if you can!

History is so subjective which I've started to HATE so I'm thinking about either CompSci or Neuroscience!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaron Lim)
    Hey guys, I'm just 3 months into my undergraduate degree in Management and I'm thinking of dropping out. I've been trying so hard to complete this assignment and I think it finally broke me.

I find my courses rather dry and especially Management so difficult. It's filled with formulas and numbers and everything is up for analysis which I dislike. I prefer things black or white. Even before I applied for this course I had my doubts. I really thought I could just push through 3 years of this and apply for what I think is my passion in life. I've always dreamt of being a pilot but my parents are stereotypical Asians who are so rigid in their thoughts. They planned my life out and I just don't think I can do this any longer.

I know dropping out wouldn't look good on my record but honestly, why study something you're not passionate about and waste a tonne of money? What do you guys think or have done if you've been in similar situations?
    Lol I can relate. half my degree is management and its so dull and dry. Kind of like my coursemates.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not exactly a social butterfly but combine me with a course like this is dreadful. Life :/

ReputationRep:
    You say you want to be a pilot - have you considered something like aerospace engineering or similar? I've heard Sheffield does this and you also go to a flight school. I don't think your parents would object to that because it's a STEM course (not that I'm saying you should do something based on what your parents think).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.