Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

I'm trying to get a better idea of what the differences are in the CS course between the respective universities e.g. workload, teaching methods, employability rate. Also the difference in atmosphere, social side etc. Any help appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0mpSci)
    I'm trying to get a better idea of what the differences are in the CS course between the respective universities e.g. workload, teaching methods, employability rate. Also the difference in atmosphere, social side etc. Any help appreciated!
    Workload and teaching methods difference I can't help you with...
    Employability rate according to the league tables: St Andrews - 100%; Glasgow - 86%
    Atmosphere: St Andrews is a small town with about 20,000 people and there is a very international student body present. Glasgow is the largest city by population in Scotland with more Scottish people.
    Social side: Only one/two 'clubs' in St Andrews (the unions' new club called Club 601 and the Lizard) and LOTS of balls (like im pretty sure there is at least one a week) and Glasgow would have a better nightlife I'd imagine if you're more into that (highly recommend Viper).

I noticed the stats for employability, but I'm wondering how reliable it is, e.g if it's based on a span of years. It's tough as both unis have pros and cons. I think it depends on how my offers go now and maybe another open day to see what works for me. Thanks for all the useful information!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.