Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

4 3 2 1, I declare a thumb war watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Let's talk about thumbs.

Do you have a normal thumb or a thumb shaped like a toe?
    In short, do you have Megan Fox thumbs?

I'm curious to see who else has thumbs like me. I'll try and grab a picture. Unfortunately I can't get one of my own at the moment but this is what my thumbs look like.
    Spoiler:
    Show

I laughed when finding this image because there was one of Megan Fox but someone had pointed out her thumbs and scribbled "EWWW" across it, and another one was a screen shot of an article announcing hat "Megan Fox doesn't hide her thumbs". What is there to hide? It's a thumb. How would you hide it anyway? Wearing gloves makes it more obvious because you can still see the shape of the thumb.
    Also, I think someone on Wikipedia doesn't like their thumbs.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    "Clubbed thumb" is a misnomer for stub(by) thumb, known clinically as brachydactyly type D, or BDD. BDD is a physically harmless, but emotionally painful, genetic defect characterized by the last bone of one or both thumbs being short and round with an accompanying short and wide nail bed.

My favourite stories to tell about my thumbs are the time that my thumb got stuck in a bowling ball and the time that when I went to the hospital to check up on my medication for my epilepsy that myself, my mum and the doctor I was seeing all had the thumbs (except my mum is weirder she only has 1).

Apparently there's a 1/2000 people have these thumbs, and 1/4000 have one clubbed them, one normal thumb. That's just what I heard though.

ReputationRep:
    My thumbs are fine. However I would love to have a thumb war with someone. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Is it rude if this thread made me laugh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    My thumbs are fine. However I would love to have a thumb war with someone. :mmm:
    I'm at a disadvantage whenever I play because my thumbs are too short, lol. I can't even play my mum because we're both right handed and it's her right hang that has the normal thumb ;-;

(Original post by angelcake123)
    Not at all, I love making fun of my thumbs because they are weird XD On the other hand it was painful when I tried to throw the bowling ball with my thumb stuck inside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelcake123)
    Hey. How have you been keeping?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    :lol: not bad. I think we really need to start quoting each other more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh_Ewe)
    I'm at a disadvantage whenever I play because my thumbs are too short, lol. I can't even play my mum because we're both right handed and it's her right hang that has the normal thumb ;-;
    I see. Such a shame. Perhaps you could have a game of slaps or something?

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it "1,2,3,4, I declare a thumb war"?

That way 4 rhymes with war.

ReputationRep:
    Ew I'm sorry but I hate those short nails on thumbs

ReputationRep:
    I see. Such a shame. Perhaps you could have a game of slaps or something?
    I don't know what that is but it sounds violent XD

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    Isn't it "1,2,3,4, I declare a thumb war"?

That way 4 rhymes with war.
    You're probably right. It sounds better anyway
    That's a little embarrassing.

(Original post by xGCSE_Studentx)
    Ew I'm sorry but I hate those short nails on thumbs
    Haha, no offense taken. I do find it annoying that when I try and grow my nails that my thumb nails stop growing long before the others. I read that the nails on these sort of thumbs stop growing before they get past the tip of the thumb. The rest of my fingers are fine.

--

I want get a picture of my own thumb so I can show the actual shape of my thumb If I pinch the skin on the sides so it's tighter, it looks even thinner between the knuckle & first joint & even fatter at the joint :rofl: you have to see it, I can't put it into words.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You done goofed up the rhyme, well done

ReputationRep:
    Hey. How have you been keeping?
    Heya Sorry that I haven't been on TSR much lately im okay thank you! How are you? Hows things gooing?

ReputationRep:
    There's another rhyme that goes with this instead of 1,2,3,4... does anyone know what it is? It isn't numbers but a phrase

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.