Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Im graduating (MSc) this November and I have two questions:
    1) what should my dad wear to the ceremony? Is it ok if he wears a tuxedo or that is too over the top? Maybe he should just wear a black suit?
    2) where do guys rent their suits for this? do you think my boyfriend will be able to rent a suit if we arrive to Edinburgh just 4 days ahead of the ceremony?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valentinapaz)
    Hello! Im graduating (MSc) this November and I have two questions:
    1) what should my dad wear to the ceremony? Is it ok if he wears a tuxedo or that is too over the top? Maybe he should just wear a black suit?
    2) where do guys rent their suits for this? do you think my boyfriend will be able to rent a suit if we arrive to Edinburgh just 4 days ahead of the ceremony?
    That is way over the top. An ordinary suit is fine. There were people in all manner of casual outfits at my son's. There are videos in YouTube of past ceremonies so you can get an idea of the kind of occasion it is. Can't answer the rental question but there are suits cheap enough for one off wear at Topshop/Primark/Matalan if your boyfriend's not a habitual suit wearer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    That is way over the top. An ordinary suit is fine. There were people in all manner of casual outfits at my son's. There are videos in YouTube of past ceremonies so you can get an idea of the kind of occasion it is. Can't answer the rental question but there are suits cheap enough for one off wear at Topshop/Primark/Matalan if your boyfriend's not a habitual suit wearer.
    thanks!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.