Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. I have recently started my AS levels and im really not enjoying them. I feel like I am trapped and feel depressed and like crying everyday. I really dont enjoy one of my subjects which doesnt help which i want to change. The only options for me would be to take a year out and re start next year or to look for an apprenticeship. Please would someone give me some advice. 😨😨😢😢

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Sounds like a tricky situation but you can work it out. If they are making you feel that way, it's probably not best for you at this particular moment. You can: drop one of the subjects and pick up a new one (although since it's November, your school/college might not let you). The second option is to completely drop out and apply for an apprenticeship/job. You can always apply for a-levels at another sixth form/college next year and do them again. You'll be absolutely fine! Just talk to your head of year/careers advisor/parents/guardians before you do anything drastic. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherrychocolate)
    Hey! Sounds like a tricky situation but you can work it out. If they are making you feel that way, it's probably not best for you at this particular moment. You can: drop one of the subjects and pick up a new one (although since it's November, your school/college might not let you). The second option is to completely drop out and apply for an apprenticeship/job. You can always apply for a-levels at another sixth form/college next year and do them again. You'll be absolutely fine! Just talk to your head of year/careers advisor/parents/guardians before you do anything drastic. Good luck!
    Hi and thanks for your reply ☺. Do you think I have a realistic chance of being able to change subjects now, or do you think it would be better for me to try and complete they year and pick up another subject next year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hw1221)
    Hi and thanks for your reply ☺. Do you think I have a realistic chance of being able to change subjects now, or do you think it would be better for me to try and complete they year and pick up another subject next year?
    Hey, you're welcome. It comes down to your sixth form tbh. It is really late in terms of changing. It is unlikely but ask your teachers. I transferred from English Lit to English Language about 3 weeks ago but even then they were a bit iffy. There's a lot of stuff you have to catch up on and if you think you can, then yes transfer. If that's not gonna happen, you've just got to stick it out and then pick up another subject next year. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. I have recently started my AS levels and im really not enjoying them. I feel like I am trapped and feel depressed and like crying everyday. I really dont enjoy one of my subjects which doesnt help which i want to change. The only options for me would be to take a year out and re start next year or to look for an apprenticeship. Please would someone give me some advice. 😨😨😢😢
    I switched from biology to economics 2 weeks ago. Switch if you're willing to work your ass off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vd12345)
    I switched from biology to economics 2 weeks ago. Switch if you're willing to work your ass off.
    Im in the same situation
    i dont like science but my parents forced me into it and now i feel depressed because science is taking to much off my time to study the sujects i enjoy (accouting and maths)

do you think it late to change my science course to business

ReputationRep:
    I am six one last year and one of my friend had the same situation as you. She switched from economics to Further maths before Christmas and actually she didn't have s strong foundation for Further maths. So she is quite hard working to catch up with the work and she got over 90% in the AS exam! I do think that it is possible to change but it depends on the subject you switch if it is relevant the catching up work will be easier. Hope it helps !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iss123)
    Im in the same situation
    i dont like science but my parents forced me into it and now i feel depressed because science is taking to much off my time to study the sujects i enjoy (accouting and maths)

this is the exact same thing im going through, i chose chemistry over business studies and im seriously dying. the only thing you can do is try your hardest, and if you dont get a good grade next year, change schools and fasttrack business studies. this is basically where you do the whole two year course in 1 year. its going to be challenging but im sure you can do it.

ReputationRep:
    NNNOOOO DON'T STRESS ABOUT A-LEVELS MY FRIEND. THINK POSITIVELY! THINK AMAZINGLY!
    Like I've said to sooo many TSRians, look at yourself in the mirror and smile and think 'I'm so ****ing amazing, that I could do anything - even sit some exams.' Believe in yourself, but still be amazing, fun, not stressed and BLOODY FANTABULOUSLY SMART REMEMBER - YOU'RE ****ING BEAUTIFUL AND AMAZING!!!

Smile, my friend and fellow TSRian, SMILE *mwah*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iss123)
    Im in the same situation

Dont do anything your parents force you to do. I was pressured by my parents and teachers to keep biology and chemistry, since i had a strong passion in year 10 which died down. Once i switched to economics, i felt likei. Was doing something i enjoyed.
    Also, it was far too late to switch, but my school made an exception for me, sInce i'm applying to oxbridge, and im supposedly bright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vd12345)
    Dont do anything your parents force you to do. I was pressured by my parents and teachers to keep biology and chemistry, since i had a strong passion in year 10 which died down. Once i switched to economics, i felt likei. Was doing something i enjoyed.
    Also, it was far too late to switch, but my school made an exception for me, sInce i'm applying to oxbridge, and im supposedly bright.
    look like its going to be a dark year for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by txmidayoxo)
    this is the exact same thing im going through, i chose chemistry over business studies and im seriously dying. the only thing you can do is try your hardest, and if you dont get a good grade next year, change schools and fasttrack business studies. this is basically where you do the whole two year course in 1 year. its going to be challenging but im sure you can do it.
    thanks for the guidance
    i appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    Are you only doing 3 subjects?

ReputationRep:
    Are you only doing 3 subjects?
    yeah maths, economics and chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    yeah maths, economics and chemistry.
    Which exam board are you with for chemistry? Also which topics do you find hard? I think its best now to try to stick it out. Why dont you try and self teach another alevel along side the 3 as a backup?

ReputationRep:
    Which exam board are you with for chemistry? Also which topics do you find hard? I think its best now to try to stick it out. Why dont you try and self teach another alevel along side the 3 as a backup?
    the exam board is AQA, and i overall find it extremely hard. i think the mistake i made is i didnt get the basics right before i started learning the hard stuff. i dont really revise or go over my notes because i care about maths and economics more tbh. i actually want to become an accountant so chemistry isnt relevant, i just did it to look good to Russel group uni's.

and lool im way too lazy to teach myself so thats not a possibility.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.