Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

"Loan overpayment" after withdrawing required to be paid back ASAP? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I withdrew around two weeks ago from university.

At the time of withdrawing, I was aware of the fact I would be repaying my bursary that I received. This obviously makes sense. All advice I saw online suggested my loan for the first term would be paid back in the usual way, when I am earning above £21,000. I phoned student finance about 10 days ago to see if this was the case, and a woman confirmed it was so.

Yet, yesterday I received a letter saying that I must pay back my loan amount for the first term ASAP, and if I do not, then this will with impact upon my future studies. I've logged in to my student finance account online, and I don't see this letter. I only see a letter about repaying my bursary.

Anyhow, I rung them and after a considerable amount on the phone and background whispering to the woman on the phone, they told me that it is correct I will be paying my loan back ASAP.

What do you suggest I do about this?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    If you can't afford to pay back your loan ASAP, you need to sort out a repayment plan with them.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.