The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Economics & Management Applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RMAh
Hey, I have got an offer to study Economics and Management at KCL.

I apologise if this sounds like a stupid question but what does the "Management" side of the course entail? What do, in detail, the management modules consist of?

Makes me wonder what you wrote in your PS to get an offer?

Anyway, please go to their website to check the actual course modules. It will be pretty obvious ... modules without the word economics in it are very likely management :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
I've just received and unconditional offer for E&M :smile: waited only for 1 week to get a response!
Original post by holzmichlbua
I've just received and unconditional offer for E&M :smile: waited only for 1 week to get a response!

Unconditional, so obviously you have met their requirements and it is a easy decision by the Admissionns Officer. Possibly, they are also hoping to interest you if you also applied to Oxford. Congratulations.
Original post by GandalfWhite
Unconditional, so obviously you have met their requirements and it is a easy decision by the Admissionns Officer. Possibly, they are also hoping to interest you if you also applied to Oxford. Congratulations.

Thank you. I haven't applied to Oxford but LSE, UCL and Warwick. Obviously no answer yet. But you might be right :wink:
Congrats on ur offer.. If i may ask how long did u wait for the offer? im so worried right now :frown:
Hi everyone,

So i applied for political economy and received an email today saying that they have declined my offer but they have given me an offer for a course i did not even apply for which is economics and management. I called kings and they explained that this is an alternative that they have offered me.
Is anyone else in the same position?

A little worried of accepting this as the requirements at A*AA whereas the course i originally applied for was AAA.
Also, if anyone goes to Kings how do you find it? and do you enjoy this course if you study it?

thanks
For those wondering if King's is flexible for this course, it isn't. I personally applied last year and got A*AB, and they stated over and over again that due to the competitive nature of the course they couldn't let me in. I had to take a gap year because of student finance anyway, so I'm going to raise the B to an A/A* having already received an offer again his year.

Well done to everyone! hope to see you there!

Juan
UCL's IMB vs KCL's E&M, opinions?
The programmes are quite different. Information management is rather specialized.
Original post by Rishav97
If anyone has any questions regarding Economics and Management at King's, feel free to ask! I'm a first year in the BSc so I'd be happy to tell you about it.

And congrats on the offer louroberts_ ! (Hopefully I helped answer your questions from before as well)

What were your predicted grades? And congrats in getting into KCL! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rishav97
If anyone has any questions regarding Economics and Management at King's, feel free to ask! I'm a first year in the BSc so I'd be happy to tell you about it.

And congrats on the offer louroberts_ ! (Hopefully I helped answer your questions from before as well)

Hi!
I was just wondering about the subjects you took for A levels? :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by holzmichlbua

what were your A-Level grades
Reply 32
Original post by Juan Camilo
For those wondering if King's is flexible for this course, it isn't. I personally applied last year and got A*AB, and they stated over and over again that due to the competitive nature of the course they couldn't let me in. I had to take a gap year because of student finance anyway, so I'm going to raise the B to an A/A* having already received an offer again his year.

Well done to everyone! hope to see you there!

Juan

Juan mate I'm in the same position I achieved AAA but I'm curious as to how they have offered you a place again. Did you referee have to predict your the A*AA again on UCAS as you had achieved A*AB? If that's the case, please confirm as I am applying for 2017/18 entry (next year september) and I need to receive an offer from King's.
Hi everyone, firmed King's for E&M :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jaycake24
Hi everyone, E&M offer holder here :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! Just wondering what subjects you did for your AS and A2? :smile:
I'm doing Maths, Economics and Psychology at A2, and I did English Language last year as an AS :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jaycake24
I'm doing Maths, Economics and Psychology at A2, and I did English Language last year as an AS :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm current taking Business Studies, Economics, English Literature and Maths at AS but I know now that universities don't really like business studies as a subject. Do you think I should drop it this year and take up Further maths next year even if I know I'll be able to get an A* prediction in Business?

Congratulations again on your offer and thank you so much for the help!
Thanks!
I know some unis don't allow both Economics and Business Studies A2, so double check that.
Economics would be good to keep on next year, since it would be your degree programme. However, if you're predicted an A* in Business then that's also great as you need an A* to meet the entry requirement. I'd say wait until results day, and choose from there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
hi! I know this thread is a year old but I'm so hoping you will receive an email notification about this message.

So I would like to apply to Kings for econ and management and was wondering whether you'd be able to answer my questions :smile:

1) what is the teaching like? Im not totally convinced about choosing Kings as it has only completed one academic year of E&M, do they have quality teachers who explain things well?
2) Do you get relevant and quality resources and past papers? One thing that's really been bothering me is where do kings get their past papers from if they have only been doing the course for a year? (If there are any past papers!)
3) how good is the feedback from completed tasks?

Thank you in advance!!!!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi! I got offers for Management Science at UCL and Economics & Management at King's College London. I don't know which one to choose. Could you give me some suggestions?

Quick Reply

Latest