Will it be normally marked? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Xpander
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
It just came to my mind and want to ask you something that really bothers me. Will a question in exams be normally marked when you do first part (b) and then part (a)(the two parts not being connected)? Cause I did by mistake part (b) in a question and then part (a). Of course I clearly indicated it, but is it all right?
Thanks
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Yes, don't worry about it. So long as you've answered the question, you'll get a mark for it. Examiners want you to do well, they're not as strict and precise as they're made out to be.
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Are part a) and b) part of two different questions? If they are then the question number should be clearly indicated.
Xpander
This question was made of two parts (a) and (b) (each part different). By mistake I did first (b) and then (a). But I clearly indicated 4(b) and then 4(a).(it was question 4)
LittleMissSmile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xpander)
This question was made of two parts (a) and (b) (each part different). By mistake I did first (b) and then (a). But I clearly indicated 4(b) and then 4(a).(it was question 4)
yeh for sure theyll give u the marks then if u got it right. they understand exam pressure chuck. smile x o x
Xpander
Thanks guys, that was a really great relief!
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
In maths, I always answer the questions inm different orders. If I do say a few questions and then realise that a part which I did could be wrong, I just cross it out and do that part later. As long as you have clearly stated the question and part then you'll get the barks. It's all part of doing exams, whether you intentionally or unintentionally do it.
LittleMissSmile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xpander)
Thanks guys, that was a really great relief!

awww xpander ur a sweetie! x ox
Surfing Hamster
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sometimes marks will even be awarded for a question answered correctly on another part of the paper if sufficient knowledge is show. Examiners try to award as many marks as they possibly can - they were students once, you know!
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Don't worry so much, I go all over the place with my answers, whatever order I can answer them, and provided you clearly indicate 3a) ii), 4b)iv) etc you should be alright.

It also helps if you put this in the space indicated on the front of your answer booklet if you are going "round the houses"
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
duh! no need to worry! they'll mark it even if you did put a and b in the wrong place!!

love Katy ***
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It's interesting isn't it, the doubts you start to get way after the exams are finished. Yesterday I freaked out to think that I may have accidently missed out a page on my french, this would be supported by the fact that I finished ages before anyone else. I suppose it's just exam nerves though.
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If you read the front of the paper, it should say that you can answer the questions in any order as long as you label the questions clearly, which you did, so don't worry.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (97)
18.87%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (327)
63.62%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.67%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed