Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm Failing!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So, Year 11 has started and it's started pretty poorly. My Maths Teacher keeps telling me he is worried I won't get a C Grade at GCSE and i'm failing at Geography which I do want to peruse a career in. I think it's all down to the change in Year 10 to Year 11 it's not a massive difference but the teaching is alot faster and I can't think of a day where I don't have some form of Homework.
    Finally, i'm failing in Science I got an E or F and i'm in Triple Science but then again everybody else in my science class is doing pretty poorly as well.
    So, what should I do?

ReputationRep:
    Heyy there :-)
    Take this as advice from someone who got 8A*s at gcse-it all depends on how much effort you put in. If you feel like you are struggling to keep up with homework then you need to sort this out. And yes, you ARE meant to get homework every day, and it is a rough estimate that you should be doing 2hrs homework on most days. Stay on top of your work and dont let it take over you. Trust me, if you have any art friends you will be thanking the lord for your workload in comparison to theirs.
    Let me break this up into steps to make it easier for you:
    -From what your saying, it doesn't sound like your teaching is all thay good. First point of call is to see whether you can switch to a better class, or if not ask for extra afterschool revision sessions to be provided, or if you can, a private tutor. You need to make sure your not in a position at the end of the year where your having to learn topics you never understood in class.
    -Geography is a really fun subject in my opinion, and in my case I found it interesting so didn't mind studying extra for it (ik what your thinking). But honestly its just how you study and how you think during your exams. When you revise, remember to focus on case studies, especially on numbers and statistics that you can easily weave into your 6 markers. If you have trouble with how to write your answers, go ask a teacher for extra classes, work etc. Seriously. Don't get put off thinking your gonna look geeky. If you want to do well then by all means be as geeky as you can!! Your future is in your hands and if you don't go sort it out now, your gonna be in a lot of trouble later.
    -Plan your time to do homework. For me, i find that if i give myself a schedule of what i will do when i get home then i end up being more productive, so i suggest trying it. Literally just give yourself a realistic target of what homework pieces you want to do and stick to it. I also suggest switching off your phone and hiding it somewhere so your not tempted.
    -Finally, never ever deliberately pass a deadline with no valid excuse. If you do it once, you can do it 1000x then you end up losing the motivation to do anything. Trust me, been there done that. Try to stay on top of everything as best you can and plan your time effectively. I found that doing a bit of extra revision every night for maths of what we learnt in class kinda prevents me from forgetting it, and of course this would work for all subjects.

Put in as much effort as you can. Don't let a teacher or anyone tell you you can't get an A or A* because you can. Don't settle for anything less than the best grade and keep working your way up. The way i thought about everything is that if I aimed for an A*, I would be pushing myself to do well and even if i dont get an A*, i would have done my best and got the highest grade I could have got. Good luck with everything and sorry if this dont make much sense, I'm kinda sleepy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lut0)
    So, Year 11 has started and it's started pretty poorly. My Maths Teacher keeps telling me he is worried I won't get a C Grade at GCSE and i'm failing at Geography which I do want to peruse a career in. I think it's all down to the change in Year 10 to Year 11 it's not a massive difference but the teaching is alot faster and I can't think of a day where I don't have some form of Homework.
    Finally, i'm failing in Science I got an E or F and i'm in Triple Science but then again everybody else in my science class is doing pretty poorly as well.
    So, what should I do?
    Hello there😊
    I am felling my self sinking too. (Am taking double science and maths and English GCSEs) So decided to get study partner ,which is very effective from my experience but where am studying all my classmates work and have got no time , so if u are still looking study partner and lives in central London let me know
    Gd luck😊

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.