Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have been asked a question where first it asks you to name the pungent gas (Sulphur Dioxide). then it asks you to name the ion shown to be present in the solution containing sulphur dioxide and give its formula?

I am kind of stuck as I have mixed feelings as to what the answer could be!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel Saleh)
    I have been asked a question where first it asks you to name the pungent gas (Sulphur Dioxide). then it asks you to name the ion shown to be present in the solution containing sulphur dioxide and give its formula?

I am kind of stuck as I have mixed feelings as to what the answer could be!
    Could you post the full question? And any other related information? A bit of context may help.

ReputationRep:
    Well simply it said find the ion in Solution B. When the solution was tested first it made a pungent gas with dichromate paper (Sulphur Dioxide), then when you added HCL no precipitate was formed . The ion present I think is sulphate but I am not sure

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 14, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.