Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it worth upgrading to Windows 10? watch

ReputationRep:
    Or stay with Windows 7?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Windows 10 all the way - I upgraded from 7 to 10, it's so much better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paralove)
    Windows 10 all the way - I upgraded from 7 to 10, it's so much better!
    What is better about it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Windows 10 has the assistant Cortana built in which accepts vocal commands.

The search includes web search.

The file explorer has more options.

Windows 10 has virtual desktops.

It also has edge built in which is much superior to internet explorer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keromedic)
    Windows 10 has the assistant Cortana built in which accepts vocal commands.

The search includes web search.

The file explorer has more options.

Windows 10 has virtual desktops.

It also has edge built in which is much superior to internet explorer.
    i heard that some of your information gets lost during the update, so I have ignored my prompts to update
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by King Mal)
    i heard that some of your information gets lost during the update, so I have ignored my prompts to update
    This didn't happen to me but I did upgrade from 8.1 to 10. I haven't noticed much of a difference tbh but don't tend to do much with the OS on my Home PC. I just jump on the software I need and am satisfied as long as it's not buggy. The UI is very pretty tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keromedic)
    This didn't happen to me but I did upgrade from 8.1 to 10. I haven't noticed much of a difference tbh but don't tend to do much with the OS on my Home PC. I just jump on the software I need and am satisfied as long as it's not buggy. The UI is very pretty tho
    oh all right thanks man. I currently have 8, I'm not too fussed but maybe Idk what I'm missing? lol As long as I can use Word and Chrome I'm good :indiff: I use my phone for all else.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sticking with Windows 7 for the near future until more information about any potential bugs and issues has a chance to come out. I'm probably going to be among the last bunch upgrading to Windows 10 for free next July.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    Or stay with Windows 7?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Dinklebop)
    I'm sticking with Windows 7 for the near future until more information about any potential bugs and issues has a chance to come out. I'm probably going to be among the last bunch upgrading to Windows 10 for free next July.

This is good advice. Windows 10 has been known to affect driver stability etc... of various hardware. I would wait until all the bugs are found and patched or atleast as many as possible not that windows 7 is more secure but in terms of pure performance windows 7 is better windows 10 has a load of crap features and UI may be pretty but interaction with it is aids. Windows 7 is simples more efficient in terms of performance and the only thing 'good' is cortana but you don't need that when you can easily find some speech recognition software that is better made online. I'm sticking to windows 7.

ReputationRep:
    Linux or Mac all the way, Windows is slow, corrupted with viruses, requires anti virus software and crashes all the time. Moved to Linux and Mac 4 years ago and i regret not changing sooner

ReputationRep:
    If I take advantage of the free offer I'll be one of the last too. Reading on another forum reports about it killing battery life too. Something related to the automatic updates/downloads I think. But those automatic updates are also a problem if you need to urgently do some work and the PC forces you to wait.

ReputationRep:
    May aswell as sooner or later you will have to upgrade... may aswell get used to it from now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.